Getting pregnant after surgery w/pcos

bee28
on 4/26/16 6:50 am - Sarnia, Canada
RNY on 12/09/14

For anyone who has been diagnosed with pcos and has or is attempting to get pregnant, what are the chances of it actually happening after surgery? I was told by my doctor that the chances of conceiving after having the surgery would be higher, but it's so hard to believe after basically being told it was almost impossible to get pregnant. Anyone have any experience with this that could share their experience? Thanks 

shethor84
on 4/29/16 9:22 am
VSG on 05/19/15

HI Bee28, I to was diagnosed with pcos which has guided me to having the VSG to lose weight. My Husband and I have been together for 14 years & has never really stopped or actively tried to conceive, but we always knew we wanted kids. Since I've met goal and I'm almost to my one year surgiversary, we've decided to seek help. We currently have an appointment to see where we're at with our "systems". I'm nervous, scared but happy at the same time that hopefully they'll let us know if our "systems" is working properly & ready to conceive. However, I'm afraid for the worst as well, but at least we'll know & there won't be any questions.

I'm not sure where you are with your journey, but I would definitely get checked to see if the pcos is no longer an issue & if the "system" is ready & working properly.

?All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us? by Gandalf via J.R.R Tolkien

Machita
on 5/16/16 2:24 pm - MN

it happened to me with PCOS after surgery and I'm 37.

NHPOD9
on 5/17/16 4:17 am

Was diagnosed with PCOS in 2000. Never really had periods my entire life until surgery in 2011, at which time I became very regular. Had a baby girl in April of this year (at the age of 42), so surgery eliminated the PCOS. 

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

TCo_Nrs79
on 7/25/18 3:25 pm
VSG on 03/16/17

Your ability to have a baby is inspiring to me. Im 39, have pcos, had VSG march of 2017 and am currently 160lbs. I see it took you a little time to get pregnant after surgery. Was there anything you did, like infertility visits, to help the process? Thanks for any advice you may have!

Just-Jenn
on 8/15/16 6:03 pm - Midstate Region, PA

Very possible - I have PCOS.  Was told I couldn't have children because of it, and there wasn't hope for assistance to get pregnant since my health wasn't considered stable (had a Dr flat out tell me he wouldn't help me with getting infertility treatments due to my health issues.  Had surgery 3/2006, pregnant 3/2007. I have had 2 healthy pregnancies since RNY - no assistance needed. My PCOS was very well managed with weight loss - cycles became normal and  that allowed me to ovulate. in fact, husband had vasectomy to prevent further pregnancies. My body couldn't do anymore - had complications due to the way I carried babies. (Couldn't even tell I was pregnant). 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 855 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views