birth control

MeliT
on 10/15/16 12:48 pm - Miami, FL

starting birth control for the first time since 2011. i said i would never get on it anymore. but i have so many ovarian cysts blocking my ovaries and causing so many side effects. dr. refused to put me on metformin bc she said it would make no effect on my cycle or hormones, at most help me lose weight. so back on birth control for 3 months and hopefully that will clear it everything up. she said after 3 months she will put me on a low dose of chlomid so assure i ovulate.

you know at this moment i don't wanna get pregnant. i'm so tired right now. i started a low carb high fat diet  to get my sugars down and my pcos under control. a week into that i started ortho tri cyclen. never taken this kind before. but let me tell you, one week in and i have severe fatigue, moodiness, sadness, no motivation, nausea, loss of apetite. i HATE feeling this way!!!!

has anyone taken ortho before? is this normal? is it bc i haven't been on birth control in like 5yrs and my body needs to adjust?? really hope this is temporary bc i feel like a total failure feeling this way.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/17/16 1:33 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I took tri cyclen for years, and I found it hit me much harder than the lower-hormone options. I was super grumpy for months after I started!

If you're just now going low-carb, you're probably grumpy from the carb detox, that doesn't help much either :(

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

KrissyKooKoo
on 10/25/16 10:22 pm
RNY on 07/22/19

I was using this and my periods became regular again. I tried met for min beforehand and hated it. Between the ortho and weight loss I normalized, but managed to get pregnant on the ortho! I now have a 2 month old bouncing baby girl and a Nexplanon implant ?

KansasPrincess
on 11/3/16 1:12 pm - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

I got the Mirena IUD 6 weeks after surgery. No worries just normal hormonal changes when im getting ready to start.

HEIGHT 5'6" HW: 422.7 CW: 267.8 SURGERY DATE: 10/15/15 GW:160-170 VSG IN TIJUANA MEXICO WITH DR. JAIME PONCE DE LEON- REVISION TO RNY WITH DR. J. STEPHEN SCOTT, KS. 10/16/18

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 855 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views