Prenancy and the WLS diet

Nikki101
on 12/15/17 2:05 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

I just found out I'm pregnant... My morning sickness comes and goes... sometimes all i can stomach is a few crackers. I haven't been able to call my center but I will monday morning. How do you guys stay on track with food aversions and nausea???

jb1469
on 1/14/18 1:21 pm

First of all, congrats on your pregnancy!! I had my RNY surgery in Nov 2001. I got pregnant very easily prior, but to no avail, none came to fruition. After my surgery, was successful in maintaining my pregnancy, but just like you, from finding out to the actual 1st appt, I was unable to eat my normal meals and couldn't keep a thing down either. My doctor had experience with previous weight loss patients, and said that although I may not be able to, try to eat meals focusing on the protein and veges first. But if I wasn't able to do that, he asked that I go back on my protein shakes, even if I had to water them down more and sip all day long to ingest at the minimum 60g of protein.

I followed his advice, also put in a call to my surgeon who agreed, and although I unhealthily gained only 14lbs during the whole pregnancy, I now have a beautiful and intelligent 13 year old.

My body taught me a lot when I was pregnant...if my baby and body wanted it, then try it, even milk I couldn't do and still can't to this day, I would chug straight Vitamin D whole Milk from the jug, and never got sick, after I had him, that lasted 2 days, and headed back to lactose free land...

Hang in there, the outcome is well worth it, just don't expect to not get sick, but keep moving forward as much as you can on protein, even if you throw up, some will get to where it needs to go!!!

Good luck!

~JB

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/18 9:38 am

MMM... im just so jealous of you "little Mommies" as we say in Eastern Europe. KISMAMA.

I WISH i could get preggers but i fear i cant ... and im very sad and tired trying,

I would give everything i have to have a child..my own child

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/16/18 2:44 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
On February 11, 2018 at 5:38 PM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

MMM... im just so jealous of you "little Mommies" as we say in Eastern Europe. KISMAMA.

I WISH i could get preggers but i fear i cant ... and im very sad and tired trying,

I would give everything i have to have a child..my own child

You need to get your own head on straight before you even CONSIDER raising a child.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/18 11:35 am

Kids and animals are crazy about me .. probably im a bit of a kid ( or animal :)) myself. But I do get exhausted from even a few hours of babysitting...

my conflict is there are so many things I haven't done ... but realistically with the right supportive man and a couple of adorable babies that make me accountable - I'd probably do a lot better .

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/19/18 1:54 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
On February 18, 2018 at 7:35 PM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

Kids and animals are crazy about me .. probably im a bit of a kid ( or animal :)) myself. But I do get exhausted from even a few hours of babysitting...

my conflict is there are so many things I haven't done ... but realistically with the right supportive man and a couple of adorable babies that make me accountable - I'd probably do a lot better .

Given what I know of you and your behavior from OH, I would not trust you to watch a child.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/18 11:40 am

Eighty is probably the ideal time to have a child .. and im sure future generations will be having kids then.

But now, in my stage of life having kids requires sacrifice . That's a very hard choice considering all the opportunities I lost.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1224 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1315 views