Recent Posts

bluebutterfly17
on 6/26/19 6:36 am
RNY on 09/17/18
Topic: Ended up pregnant 4 months after surgery

Hi Everyone! I've been M.I.A. for a bit but here is my update. I went down to 175 from 250 in 4 months and then I found out I was pregnant. It came as a huge surprise because I was actively taking birth control pills but nonetheless, what's done is done.

Currently I am six and I half months pregnant and doing great. I haven't gained a pound which means I will most likely be lighter when I deliver (if I don't gain much during third trimester).

If anyone else finds themselves pregnant soon after surgery and has questions, I will try to answer to the best of my ability. Someone here told me it would be ok months ago and she was right. It's a struggle to eat even now that I am nine months out from surgery but my baby is growing healthy with the little bit of food I put in my stomach.

Also I've read about the pouch reset and I plan on doing that after I deliver just to give my body a fresh start and to reset my pouch back to itself original size. I read that you really can't stretch your pouch that fast unless you're over eating often and that I do not do. I just feel that after a pregnancy, a reset is a good move to make.

With hard work comes results

Meggles07
on 5/21/19 5:54 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Glucose test

It is not recommended for RNY patients to have the glucose test because it can cause extreme dumping. I was followed by an internist and took my blood sugars twice a day from 24 weeks onward.

marianacc
on 5/21/19 3:07 pm - Mexico
Topic: Glucose test

Hi! Anyone Who had this done? How did you tolerate the drink. And were the resulta accurate?

Thank you!

Lishamc1
on 5/16/19 4:45 pm
Topic: RE: Ttc

Thanks, unfortunately I am still ttc. So far all fertility tests have been normal.going on 9 months of ttc after surgery :(

Highest weight: 265, surgery weight: 245, surgery date: 9/11/17 RNY m1: - 26 m2: - 14 m3: -15 m4: -10 m5: -8 m6: - 4 m7: -6.5 m8: - 1.5 m9: -3 m10: - 0 m11: - 2 m12: -0

Jonesni
on 3/21/19 11:59 am, edited 3/21/19 5:01 am
Topic: RE: Fenugreek vs Reglan

I've used Reglan and then when it didn't work I switched to Domperidone. It does not cross the blood brain barrier, so is safe and causes no side effects. Reglan, however, does cross the BBB, and that is why there are so many bad side effects (psychological type side effects). If you were lucky enough to get a script for Dom, you should count yourself fortunate and keep going with it!

Jonesni
on 3/21/19 11:59 am
Mellywog
on 3/13/19 4:15 am
RNY on 06/17/19
Topic: RE: Ttc

That must be so frustrating! Weight loss does improve fertility, but unfortunately it doesn't guarantee it :(

I hope you've gotten some help from talking to your doctor!

Lishamc1
on 2/20/19 5:38 pm
Topic: Ttc

I had RNY 9/11/2017, on my 1 year surgery anniversary I had my iud removed and have been trying to become pregnant ever since. Month after month of trying I become more depressed when aunt flow shows up. I was told weight loss would make me fertile but yet it hasnt happened :( I plan on meeting with a doctor shortly but was wondering if anyone has any advice for me.

Highest weight: 265, surgery weight: 245, surgery date: 9/11/17 RNY m1: - 26 m2: - 14 m3: -15 m4: -10 m5: -8 m6: - 4 m7: -6.5 m8: - 1.5 m9: -3 m10: - 0 m11: - 2 m12: -0

KDBaker
on 2/7/19 9:39 am - Exeter, NH
VSG on 10/16/17
Topic: Going for a pregnancy test today...

Hello! I'm about 16 months out from VSG and I think I'm pregnant. Certain smells are making me sick. I get queasy a lot. I'm more tired than normal. The girls are tender and achy. So I'm going to my doctor for a pregnancy test in about an hour. Is there anything I should know or ask if I am indeed pregnant? This is a completely new situation for me both as a post-op and in general. I've never even thought I was pregnant before.

bluebutterfly17
on 2/6/19 7:47 am
RNY on 09/17/18
Topic: RE: Surgery on 08/13/2018

How are things going for you? I just found out I'm 5 weeks along and I was also on birth control. How is your body sustaining so far? Anyone else has advice please share as well. I don't believe in abortions so please don't suggest that.

With hard work comes results

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views