Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/19 4:00 am
Topic: RE: Surrogacy?

Hello, girls Great topic! 4 years ago I became a mother thanks to IVF. My husband and I are raising a daughter. And I am grateful to fate for this. But we were doing ITF with donor eggs abroad. This theme has a lot of nuances, both medical and legal, about which parents should be aware. But sometimes this is the only possible solution for many couples!

How are you now?
Found a new man?

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/19 3:57 am
Topic: RE: Surgery or pregnancy??

Hello!
How are you doing now?
Did you get pregnant?

milaliam19
on 11/16/18 8:09 am
RNY on 08/13/18
Topic: RE: Surgery on 08/13/2018

I've been doing good, eating as I have been all this time. I am craving salad like you wouldn't believe but I haven't gave in. My body can't handle that yet so I will continue to fight the urge. I'm not even sure if it's a pregnancy craving or just me craving it because I truly love salad with corn, olives, cheese, all that good stuff.

All the support I'm getting here is fantastic, I love it. I'm so happy I can talk to people about this, my family doesn't have any input or advice, I have asked.

Jenni B.
on 11/14/18 8:01 pm - Las Vegas, NV

Due to nothing to do with my RNY, I had an issue getting pregnant and being able to have several children. I decided that I was no longer going to dwell on it, was scheduled to get permanent device implants to avoid any future pregnancies, 8mos later, my son was born in 2004.

I stuck with my normal daily 800cals, but if I had a healthy craving I would eat/drink it, and on a few occasions he wanted a chili dog from sonic, a whopper jr from BK, and taco bell. Ate just until I felt full, and then waited for the next craving, thankfully that didn't happen much.

I know that you are at a very early stage, but if you are taking your shakes, you might be "healthier" than you think. Just make sure that your bariatric surgeon/staff is communicating with your OB/Gyn, and vice versa. Don't stress is probably something you will role your eyes and if I was in your position I'm sure I would too. But just try to relax when you can, enjoy the fact that something wonderful has happened to you. Talk to friends and family for support, or jump on here! Maybe check with a support group in your local area for women going thru situations while pregnant.

Keep your head up, if religious, you're probably praying more right now than you ever have. I know I did! But either way, I will be praying for you and your little one. ~Blessings to both. ~Jen

milaliam19
on 11/14/18 6:33 pm
RNY on 08/13/18

I'm glad everything worked out for you. I have a great doctor already and she says we will get through this together. I'm fearful because I literally just had surgery, this wasn't planned or expected at all.

Jenni B.
on 11/14/18 3:40 pm - Las Vegas, NV

Hi there! Congrats!

I had RNY in 2001, went from 368 to 168, and in Oct 2004 had my beautiful son. I gained 20lbs during the pregnancy. Dr. that I found was monitoring me weekly and checking my intake journal. I had a huge craving for whole milk, and although I am lactose intolerant, apparently my son wanted it.

He was healthy and weighed 6lbs 8oz, 19in long and was induced 3wks early due to my own health issues that I had prior to my RNY.

Just find a Dr (if you haven't already), that is devoted to staying on top of things.

I wish that absolute best for you and your little one!

milaliam19
on 10/29/18 8:23 am
RNY on 08/13/18
Topic: Surgery on 08/13/2018

Someone please tell me how I change my surgery date, I hit the wrong key.

I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant. I was on birth control, I thought I was being careful by taking that. Can I still have a healthy baby? Did any of you go through this?

I posted this on another thread, sorry for repeating the questions but I found that one first and just wanted to ask for help asap.

TCo_Nrs79
on 7/25/18 3:25 pm
VSG on 03/16/17
Topic: RE: Getting pregnant after surgery w/pcos

Your ability to have a baby is inspiring to me. Im 39, have pcos, had VSG march of 2017 and am currently 160lbs. I see it took you a little time to get pregnant after surgery. Was there anything you did, like infertility visits, to help the process? Thanks for any advice you may have!

Katiebear291
on 3/17/18 10:20 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13
Topic: RE: 4 1/2 yrs post op 4mo postpartum -issues

Hi Bri!

I am also 5 years post op and 9 months pregnant.

I dealt with PPD with my 1st child (pre-op) and am also struggling with diet (pregnancy feels like it should be a free pass).

I know that for myself it is all connected to my mental health - all the eating habits, weight gain, motivation, depression etc.

Find yourself a councilor, someone who may have some experience with PPD. All new moms worry about weight loss so I don;t think it is as important to find someone who has WLS experience. You know the rules you;re supposed to follow as well as I do but when we get sad and depressed we just don't have the desire to follow those rules because food can be so comforting.

Hope you find someone to talk to - I find that is always the biggest help.

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views