LosinginAZ’s Posts

LosinginAZ
on 8/29/17 10:30 am
Topic: RE: Pregnancy diet

Hi all. Long time no post, sorry, life has been busy.

I am about 6 weeks pregnant and couldnt be happier. Iam trying to figure out how to eat without gaining unnecessary weight. I try to keep my carbs under 50, but read that isnt enough.

I want to eat what the baby needs, but not more. I eat about 1750 calories a day and 50 carbs. What should I be aiming for for the safety of the baby without gaining unnecessary weight?

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

LosinginAZ
on 9/19/16 9:03 am
Topic: RE: Sleeve stretching during pregnancy?

So this is a long story, bear with me

I found out I have a cyst on my sacroiliac joint that is causing my a lot of pain. I can hardly sit at all. My ortho says I need surgery BUT he suggested I wait until after I have children to have the surgery. He says this is because the act of child birth will essentially ruin any join fusing that takes place. 

I am only 8 months post-op, and I was told I was supposed to wait 18 months. I am having this conundrum. Try to get pregnant now? or still wait and live in pain? I want to have 2 children, which means I will be in this pain for a minimum of 2.5 years. I dont know if I can do that. 

I also am afraid to get pregnant and ruin my sleeve. I am still about 40 pounds more than I want to be, and i fear that if I get pregnant now, I will never reach my goal. 

So here is my question to you all. Is it possible to still lose weight after pregnancy with your sleeve? or does a pregnancy stretch out your sleeve and basically ruin everything the surgery did? 

Thank you!

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1226 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views