I'm a handformer in pottery

mscreative9
on 9/7/06 2:14 pm - Australia
Hi, For those that are starting out, I have watched people with high expectations, then finding it out doing clay either by wheel or hand - needs alot of patience, learning but the rewards are so worth it. I have been doing pottery for over 6 years now. when I first started I was one of those beginners wanting to make vases on the wheel first go. well I watched my failures, even cried over some. Over a year I reliezed that I was showing more interest in handforming. I went classes every saturday afternoon and I was the only handformer.. so it was up to me to read up about it, learn what i needed to do, what was the best clay to use and once I started they was no way of stopping me. I enter big competitions held yearly. If I looked about 6 years ago and saw what i was caple of doing. I wouldnt have believed it. so those beginners dont give up - if something isnt working, look at other things. If you need inspiration, look at pictures, go to pottery shows. each piece you make it unqiue, learn from it. I wouldnt classify myself as a experience handformer, but I admire those potters that have done it for 10/15 years or more and thrive on their abilities. I found a great website - where you can open your own gallery and put your photos of your own work in it. It's free and people view it daily, it's great when they leave you feedback. This is mine gallery for those who are interested in seeing what type of work I do. http://www.ceramicsartists.com/Gal21_mscreative9_s_Gallery.asp If there is anything i can say to help any of those beginners that want to start handforming.. let me know. my work is not moulds but what i have created myself.
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm a handformer in pottery
mscreative9 · 0 replies · 312 views
Polish Pottery, anyone?
BexMetz · 2 replies · 766 views
Best pottery websites
John S. · 1 replies · 746 views
This is a quiet board indeed...
JamieLeigh · 1 replies · 364 views