Is there anybody out there?

njworkman
on 9/9/06 8:07 am - Ramsey, MN
I have been disappointed with this board. I was hoping for lots of communication with other quilters taking this journey. There haven't been many at all. Nancy
quilter
on 9/10/06 6:50 am - Algona, IA
Yes it seems very - very slow. I check it about once a week to see if anyone has posted. Kind of at a stand still quilting, don't know what I want to do next. Think I need a challenge. What are you up to? Take care - Robert from Northern Iowa
njworkman
on 9/10/06 7:13 am - Ramsey, MN
Quilting-wise, we just got back from a 2 week camping trip in Michigan. I meet two of my friends (one from Mich, one from SC) there and the moms piece while the kids swim, play tennis, roller blade, bike and such. We have a great time. It's a gated community - a place where it is safe to let your kids be kids. We all worked on the Star Log Cabin (not sure of its name) from the last issue of Fons and Porter. We are all in various stages of completion. It was more time consuming that we normally tackle while on the trip. They are proving to be lovely. Six days and six hours after getting home, I was in the OR having my WLS. That was this past Wednesday. I am doing well. I am hoping to make it through the night with just Tylenol. The week before the camping trip, my family went to Family Camp in northern Minnesota. We have had a very busy month! We are looking forward to finding out what our new normal life will hold. Whatcha up to?
awf
on 9/14/06 2:27 pm - Columbia, MD
Hi, I am heavy into quilting and try to attend as many of the large quilt shows as possible. I especially enjoy classes with the names of those that have appeared on Simply Quilts. My WLS date is for the end of October and just can't wait. The time passes so slow and dieting is so difficult especially the elimination of diet soda. After discharge from the hospital, my husband is driving me to my mother's where I will stay for five days while he returns to work. That means, I will be without fabric and the computer. Now is the time I wish I had a laptop and dial up service. I will survive and enjoy the companionship. Like to hear from you, Adrienne
njworkman
on 9/20/06 8:21 am - Ramsey, MN
No fabric for 5 days????? Ouch! You will have to at least pack a few fat quarters so you can pet them. Actually, you won't feel much like sewing, but you will still enjoy fabric fondling while you recoup. I love going to Paducah. Have you been there? Next year I plan on going but I won't be doing much looking - I am going to work for Eleanor Burns. I am a certified EB teacher and do enjoy working around her. I will be working the store, though, not much time to enjoy her. The time goes much more quickly than you expect. How long has it been since you started out on this journey? It seemed somewhat slow as I was going through it but now that I look back, seems like it just flew by. I am two weeks out and get to start pureed foods in a week. wahoo! I haven't had a bite to eat in 16 days. It really isn't bothering me too terribly much. However, taking the kids to Taco Bell last night made me feel a bit sorry for myself. Where are you located? What is the date of your WLS? Nancy
Kell@ H
on 10/2/06 3:39 am - Blaine, MN
Hi Nancy, I just found this board this week. Now that I'm settled into my WLS journey, I guess I'm starting to explore other areas of the site now. Great to see another local out here, even if it's quiet! BTW: I just posted that I'm selling my Viking sewing machine, so if you know of anyone looking...please send them my way. Do you belong to any quilting clubs in the area? ~kelle
njworkman
on 10/3/06 4:12 pm - Ramsey, MN
Kelle, I see that you also had Dr. Johnson for you surgeon. My surgery was just four weeks ago tomorrow (oh, I guess it's today already). Do you ever go to Images? How much do you want for your Viking? I will spread the word among my friends. I don't belong to any quilt groups. I want to join Women of the West but I never remember when it is meeting night. They meet the last Monday of the month. I participate in the block of the month clubs in both Elk River and Princeton. I opted out of the one at Rogers this year. Just too much going on to be in three. It's past 1am. I need to get to bed. Have a great hump day! Nancy
Gael T.
on 10/14/06 6:03 pm - CA
Hi, I just found this board, so I will try and help keep it lively! Gael
Geminidream
on 10/28/06 12:46 pm - Spokane, WA
Hi Gael, Like you I just found this board too and will also try to post more. A few years back I was active on the Alex Anderson board before it got shut down. There was sooooo much activity there! We used to have block swaps and squishy swaps going all the time, it got confusing. Nice to be able to talk to other quilters here who are also working on losing weight and adjusting to a new lifestyle. Molly
G. S.
on 4/25/09 2:09 pm
Nancy:

I am a quilter from NJ; had my surgery three years ago.

I don't know of anyone in my area who quilts.  I have not looked into a quilt guild, but the only ones in NJ are in south Jersey and I live in the north.

I learned to quilt from my mother.  I have been quilting for a few years.  I mostly make mine by hand.  I have found many websites that have free patterns.  I subscribe to a few quilting magazines, but it seems everyone either has their own long-arm quilting machine; machine quilts or sends them out to be quilted.  I guess the ones I make might be  considered old-fashioned and rustic.  When I'm not quilting, I enjoy embroidery, mostly vintage and kitschy patterns I have found at old bookstores, flea markets and websites.

Write me back if you're interested in writing or would be interested in trading patterns.

Take care,

Peggy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sewing Machine for sale
Kell@ H · 1 replies · 513 views
Looking for a Pattern
4-H Mom · 2 replies · 654 views
Is there anybody out there?
njworkman · 9 replies · 526 views
Block Exchange members
quilter · 0 replies · 359 views