new here

Stephanie S.
on 6/20/05 1:59 am - Wellington, FL
Ok, I just started quilting. I am in the process of making a quilt for my 4 year old son and I was wondering something. What is the best material to use for the backing? My mom made quilts for my sister and me years ago and used old sheets for the backing. Is that a good idea? I mean, if they are in good condition but not used anymore? Also, I am wondering if anyone knows if there is fabric for various NASCAR drivers? I know there is Jr, Gordon, Stewart. But I am looking for Kahne (#9), Harvick (#29) and some others as well. Let me know what you find, please?
Kimberly W.
on 6/22/05 3:02 am - OKC, OK
I have made several quilts and I have found that using a sheet is best. I haven't used any old ones, I buy new ones and wash them before I use them as backing.
JanineNJ
on 6/25/05 12:00 am - NJ
I usually use 100% cotton fabric on the front AND back of my quilts. If they are different types of fabric (cotton on top vs cotton/poly blend on back) they tend to shrink in the wash at different rates and after a few washings they warp. I have Ragshop and JoAnns locally around me. They sell all those licensed fabrics. A webpage that I couldn't live without is missingfabrics.com (put www before) If theres a fabric out there, they will find it. -Janine
carlamae
on 7/2/05 3:43 am - Anytown, IN
What ever you use; old sheet, fabric, whatever---make sure its 100% cotton.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Sewing Machine for sale
Kell@ H · 1 replies · 513 views
Looking for a Pattern
4-H Mom · 2 replies · 654 views
Is there anybody out there?
njworkman · 9 replies · 526 views
Block Exchange members
quilter · 0 replies · 359 views