EQ5 and applique

Hannah_C
on 1/19/06 11:04 am - Champlin, MN
Has anyone used the Blockbase add on for Electric Quilt 5? I am thinking of purchasing it and would like some opinions. Can anyone also reccomend a good beggining applique book? I can do the freezer paper method pretty well but would like to learn the needle turn technique. I also have, "issues" with points. Thanks so much! Hannah
quiltinwilson
on 1/20/06 9:39 am - Tulsa area, OK
Sorry, no experience with EQ at all. I can't wait to get a good sewing maching and good computer program and get really creative with my quilting! I have a friend who sits around doing applique all day long! She has the needle-turn method down to an art, but I don't think it's something that could be explained without being able to actually see it being done. I suggest taking a class at a quilt shop, might be the quickest way to learn. I don't have the patience for applique. Sadly enough, when I first started quilting, my goal was to make a Baltimore Album quilt (of course, I didn't know what it was called OR that I'd have to work at it day and night for an entire year if I had any hope of completing one! LOL!) Needless to say, I found my niche--paper piecing Couldn't be further from applique and I'll probably never do that Baltimore Album quilt, but it's OK. I love my paper piecing. It's quick and easy! Good luck on the EQ and needle turning! Blessings, Teresa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Sewing Machine for sale
Kell@ H · 1 replies · 513 views
Looking for a Pattern
4-H Mom · 2 replies · 653 views
Is there anybody out there?
njworkman · 9 replies · 525 views
Block Exchange members
quilter · 0 replies · 359 views