Quilt block exchange??

quilter
on 4/10/06 1:20 pm - Algona, IA
Just wondering how the others are doing in getting the blocks done for the quilt block exchange? What is everyone doing? Quiet board?????? Robert Kent.
Juju B
on 4/10/06 11:45 pm - Bowdoin, ME
I am new to this board; would you please explain the quilt block exchange? I do several quilts a year and I am always looking for new blocks and also have several different blocks that I enjoy making.
quilter
on 4/11/06 8:58 pm - Algona, IA
Juli -this was set up the end of the year and finalized the end of Jan. Quiltin Wilson organized 12 of us to put together 12 blocks - 12 inches finished in country colors with an off white background. I've sent her 11 blocks (kept one for us) and she is to send back 11 when she gets all of them - deadline was sometime end of April. I sewed the card trick block, because my wife and I love to play cards. We both had surgery - mine August 17th and her's the 18th. I've lost a total of about 145 and she's lost about 120. We both are doing good. I've started on a curved Mexican Star wall hanging, but it's just sitting there - seems that I sew good for a weekend and then it sits for 2 weeks. My wife said I could not start it until the taxes are done. (I started early.) Take care - wish this board was more active. Robert from Northern Iowa.
Audacity
on 4/14/06 12:43 pm
What??? The end of APRIL? You mean I could have procrastinated 2 more weeks? I must be slipping.
Audacity
on 4/14/06 12:39 pm
I mailed my blocks to Teresa Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't know how the count is going but I'm assuming there is no one any slower than me. ;-D I'm excited to see all the blocks and how they will go together. Mary in TN
craftyangie
on 4/16/06 9:47 am - Cartersville, GA
I got you both beat....I just mailed mine yesterday. I had them done weeks ago, but kept forgetting to mail them. Later, Crafty Angie
mmarion
on 4/15/06 2:59 pm - columbus, GA
I mailed my blocks in last week. Can't waite to get everyones blocks. Martha
quiltinwilson
on 5/3/06 9:57 am - Tulsa area, OK
Ok, I have everyone's blocks except Mary Freeman and I'm now trying to determine if she's actually swapping with us or if I have her name in my address book from other OH related emailing...I'll email her personally and ask her about it. If I've goofed and she's not swapping, then we have only 11 blocks total. I guess if we want a 12 block quilt, everyone will have to make one more block themselves--so the quilts really WILL be different I chose a block for Thanksgiving (the Turkey Giblet) to express how excited I am about what I'll be looking like by then, which will be my year surgiversary...so I guess if I have to make an additional block then I'll find a little piggy pattern to remember what I looked like BEFORE surgery ;O) Anyway, I'll check into this and let everyone know what I find out. Blessings, Teresa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Sewing Machine for sale
Kell@ H · 1 replies · 513 views
Looking for a Pattern
4-H Mom · 2 replies · 653 views
Is there anybody out there?
njworkman · 9 replies · 525 views
Block Exchange members
quilter · 0 replies · 359 views