Endoscopy

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/08 2:33 pm - OH
If a patient needs an Endoscopy does the Realize band need to be emptied first? Do you need sedation or can  you have it done without? Thanks!
Amy Williams
on 6/7/08 12:05 pm

Howcome you are having an endoscopy done?  I know at our hospital all EGDs are done with sedation. 

I've lost over 400 pounds!  
I love helping others, if you have a question just ask!  

Click on a link to read more about my journey:  
My website   My reconstructive photos 

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/08 3:15 pm - OH
Crystal_girlost
on 6/8/08 7:59 am - WV
I work in a GI office we have not had any patients with a band that I know of but I believe you will need an unfill due to the scope getting thorugh. And you can get one done with no sedation although I don't recomend it unless there is a good reason not to. It does have some pain involved and moving can cause a problem.
(deactivated member)
on 6/8/08 12:28 pm - OH
DrC
on 6/13/08 5:14 am - Cincinnati, OH
On June 7, 2008 at 10:15 PM Pacific Time, jlm45069 wrote:
I am just curious.  My GI physician told me this week if I should need one I would have to be unfilled first.  If I  would need one in the future it probably wouldn't be band related ( at least I hope it wouldn't be!).   I just wanted to get Dr. Curry's slant on this.  I also perfer to handle most things unsedated if at all possible.   Thanks!
Actually I almost never unfill a band if I am doing a scope because I want to see the current state of the pouch with the current fill in place.  I have never not been able to advance the scope through the stoma.
Trace W. Curry, M.D.  -- Lap Band, Realize Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy
Cincinnati, Ohio & Northern Ky    http://www.TheBandDoctor.com   
513.559.1222 / 877.442.BAND
DISCLAIMER:  Any information contained within is meant to be general medical advice only.  Please consult your surgeon on your specific problem!
(deactivated member)
on 6/14/08 12:46 am - OH
Most Active