Getting REALIZED on Tuesday!

prical02
on 6/7/08 6:34 am - Elm City, NC

Hi! My name is Amanda and I live in NC.  I am being banded on Tuesday!  Any advice or Realize-specific info would be greatly appreciated.  I look forwarded to sharing and learning with everyone here! Amanda

Crystal_girlost
on 6/8/08 8:02 am - WV
Good Luck!! The lap band and the realize are the same surgery. Have you been reading the Lap-Band forum?
prical02
on 6/8/08 11:59 am - Elm City, NC
Thanks!  I have been reading the lapband forum.  I've gathered a great deal of knowledge from this website, in general.  I'm so glad I found everyone here!  Thanks, again, for the luck! Amanda
Jenn B.
on 6/9/08 9:19 am - Tempe, AZ
My biggest piece of advice to you is to use the website that you get access too with your Realizeband.  I can't tell you how helpful and motivating it has been for me.  It's really helped keep me accountable.
Vampyrvet
on 6/11/08 2:24 pm
Hi Amanda, Looks like you and I got banded on the same day! How are you doing? I have found that wearing an elastic back-support belt has dramatically improved my comfort. That little extra bit of compression on the belly makes a world of difference. A word of advice... don't do what I did! I went to see the new Adam Sandler movie 3 days after surgery and laughed so hard that I thought I tore myself open! Turns out I didn't, but it really REALLY hurt! Even with no fill yet, I see a dramatic difference in my appetite & how much I can eat. 1/2 cup of applesauce or pudding makes me feel like I just ate Thanksgiving dinner. Good luck to you! I'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences! Natalie
Banded 6/08, Slipped 9/08
Revised Band 9/08, Slipped Again 2/09
Sleeved 3/09, Hoping the 3rd time's the charm!
Most Active