PLEASE HELP!!!

anuchance
on 6/25/08 5:41 am
Anyone ever had both the lap band AND the Realize?  OK... let me explain.  I originally had lap band surgery on 5/30/07.  Have done great with it up until a couple months ago.  Recently had an upper GI only to discover that my band slipped!  So now (next Wed.) I'm scheduled for a second surgery for "removal & replacemnt".  I have one of the older lap bands (AP band was not out when I had my surgery last year).  Today the doctor tells me that I have 3 choices: the AP small, AP large or Realize.  Prior to today I had never even heard of Realize!  He says that the choice is up to me as to which one I want to go with this time.  Arrrgh!  Please help!  I have no idea which one I should choose and I only have a wee****il surgery!  Any suggestions and/or input?  TIA

dancing girl      

Banded!!N-63.gif5-30-07 Revision 7/2/08

250/178 /165
                   My son Chance  He's my reason 4 everything!

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't 
                               change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.  

~Maya Angelou

Vickie G.
on 6/25/08 5:49 am - AL
I am having the realize band .I too was going to have the Lap-Band,I chose the realize because of the port issues with the LB . The realize port has metal hooks that support it w/LB its stitched in. I have heard from alot that the LB port slips and turns alot and they can't find it.

Nothing tastes as good as being thinner feels.

I have to walk early in the morning, before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal." 

tommiejean_27
on 6/25/08 6:14 am - Sherwood, AR
Yup.  My surgeon told me that he has not had one port on the Realize Band flip to date!  The Realize Band does come with a website that keeps track of tons of info....what you eat, exercise, fills, water, vitamins, and can upload pics.  Good luck on your choice.  I think they all do the same thing pretty much. 

Surgery Date - June 13, 2008

Most Active