lots of questions

sandra37
on 7/3/08 7:56 am - athens, AL
hey , i am in the process of having band surgery. i would love to talk to some people who have already had this done. is there any one out there who had thier surgery a year ago, or close to it. would love to here some success stories. i'm still very nervous about the surgery, would be great to know that the problems to go away after time.
Crystal_girlost
on 7/3/08 11:23 am - WV

This board does not get a lot of trafic. You may want to post on the Lap-Band board. They're are tons of helpful people over there.

Good Luck!

jenwa
on 7/3/08 12:48 pm - canton, MI
I wonder if you can call 1866 realize and get a phone number for one of there ambassodor patients..... I have only heard about them I would ask maybe you could talk to someone on the phone !
Titanium Blonde
on 7/4/08 1:27 pm
I have had my lap band for all most 3 years now.  It is very similiar to the Realize band.  It has been a complete success for me and I am wearing a size 4-6 now for 2 years.  I have had no problems what so ever.  The surgery was so easy I drove myself 26 miles home from the hospital.  I try to follow the rules as best as possible but am not always perfect.  I have gained or lost only 5 lbs over the last 2 years.  It was the best thing I have ever done for myself and my  health.  I have to pinch myself to realize (pardon the pun) that this is all real.  One of the great things about the band is its adjustability.  When you get to perfect restriction, even before, it really does take your hunger away.  Good luck to you.
Tom C.
on 7/14/08 10:23 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Sandra37,

First of all, I want to say you are doing the best thing by ASKING QUESTIONS!! This a great 1st step.

I won't bore everyone with my same posts, so feel free to send me an email and I will give you my experience.

Bottom line - do it !! It's the best decision I have ever made concerning myself (and my health).

Good luck on your Journey!!

Tom,
Kim H.
on 7/20/08 12:19 pm - Woodland Park, CO
I was banded w/ Realize Band 2/14/08. I have lost 40 lbs and continuing to lose. I was 238 in the beginning and 196 at present. All issues related to surgery quickly subsided. I felt tired and soar for about 1 week post op - but that was it. With the realize band it took me 5 fills to feel good restriction. I have 6.5cc's in a 10 cc band right now and great restriction.

I love the band. The only thing I still struggle with is the inability to take a normal bite. I find it difficult to eat a sandwich, salad or burrito for instance. Because you must take a bite the size of a pencil eraser I do best when eating single items  - like tiny bits of chicken or cottage chees. Everytime I try to eat something w/ multiple ingredients I always take too big of a bite and get stuck.... it's my only pet peeve about the band. I don't mind the small portions at all, but I can't stand the small bite issue. However, all WLS requires the small bite issue...

Kim 

Most Active