calories in???

mjst220
on 7/4/08 9:36 am

I am currently on day 8 of my 14 day liquid diet and i am curious as to how many calories are we supposed to be getting in? I drink 100 ounces of H2O and 2 protein shakes a day and i am just drained of energy and starving.... But.. I have lost 14 pounds! yay!. thanks

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/08 10:28 pm
Congrats on your loss!  I am not sure how many calories you are supposed to get since eat doctor’s instructions vary.  I was getting in around 400 – 500 during my first 2 weeks.  I was told I had to have something every 3-4 hours.  I was allowed cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, low fat creamed soup and yogurt during that time.  I did not have very much energy either.  If you are starving, I would call your doctor and see if you can add in anything else that is easy to digest.  
IndigoIndulger
on 7/7/08 12:37 am - Keystone Peninsula, OK
Hi!  By 14 day liquid diet, do you mean diet post surgery or pre surgery? Thanks for info! Beryl
mjst220
on 7/7/08 6:39 am
I mean post surgery- i am only allowed popsicles, protein drinks and water..... Today is my 12th day and i am sooooo hungry!!!
IndigoIndulger
on 7/8/08 12:34 am - Keystone Peninsula, OK
Congratulations on your weight loss.  Condolences on the hunger. Since you are feeling ravenous, I'm thinking your aren't feeling full?  Are you still in pain? I'm hoping someone else here on on one of the other forrums can help give you some coping skills for that hunger. Sending full thoughts your way. Beryl
Tom C.
on 7/10/08 4:52 am, edited 7/10/08 5:06 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Believe me when I say in the beginning I was worried about the calories, then I became concerned with the Sodium, Carbs, Total Fats, etc. I was making myself crazy. That's when my Doctor said not to worry about calories (or the other stuff) - especially in the beginning. The amount of food we're allowed (or can tolerate) will be below what we've been accustom to eat - so we'll loose weight. He said "let the tool do the work for you". He went on to say when your weight loss slows/stops (or when you at maintenance) then it's time to be concerned with calories.  I know eat Doctor has their own philosophy, but by the 4th day I was onto "thicker" liquids (ex. low-fat [strained] cream soups made with skim milk, vegetable juice, yogurt, sugar-free puddings/Jello, natural apple sauce, low-fat cottage/ricotta cheese). Ask your Doctor if you can try these. I know they kept me full longer then jus****er.

Most Active