Can you FEEL the band?

Stacy T.
on 7/14/08 9:54 pm
Hi! I am currently going through the decision process on gastric banding and was wondering if you can feel the band all the time? What does it feel like?
Tom C.
on 7/14/08 10:14 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
In my experience, you cannot feel the BAND. Since it's around the stomach, you cannot feel it externally or internally. You'll never know it's there.

However, if you are skinny enough you will be able to feel your port (or so I have been told). More then likely it will be located on your left side, below your rib cage. I have too much "insulation" to feel mine, but many "skinner" friends can feel theirs.

Please feel free to write to me if you have any other questions.
Jean D.
on 8/18/08 8:56 am
 I can see my port and feel it like it is right under my skin - sticks way up like an egg.
sunshineangel_1977
on 7/19/08 11:46 am - sabina, OH
I still find myself  thinking  I haven't had anything done...then when i eat...oooh....thats right...i better get a box to take that home.  the only difference i feel is when i drink something real cold or take pills i can feel them go all the way down...doesnt hurt...kinda cool...as for physically feeling the band...No...don't feel a thing!   The port...don't notice it a bit once it healed...that took a few weeks.  Now that i'm 4 months out I don't notice a difference from before i had surgery except the 5 sizes i have lost and the smaller meals i eat.  Also since i had surgery i "realized" i sigh when it's time for me to stop eating.  That was something new too.

love hate relationship Eating Disorder      

whiterabt
on 7/19/08 3:43 pm
I'm only 36 hours post surgery and I can't tell it's there, even with the swelling that occured due to surgery.

Best,
-e
trivialmalities
on 8/1/08 5:50 am
the only time I felt my band was when they did my fill. I could feel it getting tighter around my stomach. It didn't hurt, just felt a little pressure.
15292992Photobucket
Most Active