Youchie!!!

Sheri G.
on 7/15/08 6:43 am, edited 7/15/08 6:45 am - Some Army Base, VA
I got my band yesterday afternoon - so I have had it for a little over 24 hours...
I feel like I have done about 10,000 sit-ups.  Just sore. The second I got to my room out of recovery I was up walking... and have been up ever since... hence the NO GAS PAIN!  I walked to radiology most of the way to get my test done. I have been up and down all day... even folded some laundry.
Few questions - how long is typical for the sore stuff? I am only taking tylenol for the pain. Just wondering how long before you feel like you can sit up off the couch instead of rolling off of it?!?
Also - am I the only one that is craving food like crazy??? I know I can't eat it and the fear of the pain keeps me from it, but wow... everything looks good!

Also, I started on the protien shakes with milk - skim milk is ok in the beggining right? Just liquid, nothing with a thicker consistency?

Thanks all! I am already down a few pounds!!!
I am not afraid... I was born to do this. (Joan of Arc)
WOW!!! I am having surgery on the 14th!!!!!!

mjst220
on 7/15/08 7:18 am
congrats! I was banded on the 26th of june so i am going into my 4th week- after about 10 days or so the soreness pretty much subsides- i still have the ocassional soreness when i wake up in the morning. it depends on the surgeon but skim milk was part of my liquids with my protein shakes and nothing any thicker than that. Good Luck!
JLC88
on 7/17/08 2:25 am
Hi there!  I got my realize band on July 3rd.  So today is exactly 2 weeks!!  I can tell you that you are doing much better than I was one day out.  I felt really bad fro the first three days.  I kept saying it felt like I had done 1000 push ups and then some one punched me in the stomach.  The pain was aggravating but not unbearable.  My big problem was that I was naseous.  I felt like I was about to toss my cookies for like 72 hours straight.  So I couldn't use the pain meds either.  On day 4 I started feeling much better.  And it got a little better each day after that.  Today I feel great.  I can sleep in any position I want to.  The port insicion and area is a tiny bit sore, but not a lot.  I still take tylenol before bed.  My body has not been very hungry at all, so I am not sure what to tell you about that.  My head was starving though.  lol.  I still fight with the head hunger, but I do realize that is what it is, not REAL hunger.  Today I can start tuna and baked fish, along with small portions of rice and pasta.  I have no restriction right now.  But I am not eating much at all.  I get full very soon, so I don't know, I guess that could be considered restriction.  But nothing gets stuck or anything.  I am getting a fill on the 30th.

Good luck!  Hang in there!  It's gets better and easier!
Sheri G.
on 7/17/08 6:05 am - Some Army Base, VA
Thanks! I have to say the sweet flavor of just about everything is killing me. I have eaten a couple of crackers and usually feel better. Mental thing I think.
It has been 3 days since surgery - no pain meds today. Went shopping, yesterday I went to the mall. I also went sight-seeing - I think whats killin me is the stairs. Ouch!
I agree that the head hungry is the biggest struggle!!!
I am not afraid... I was born to do this. (Joan of Arc)
WOW!!! I am having surgery on the 14th!!!!!!

pjd3253
on 7/18/08 7:16 am
Is your port area sticking up where you can see it?
pjd3253
on 7/19/08 7:04 am
Yes!  I hate it - I am 3 weeks post-op it looks awful - hope it goes away it creeps me out
Most Active