Great new from the Doctor!!

Tom C.
on 7/17/08 11:05 pm, edited 7/18/08 2:24 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
WOW !! All I can say is WOW !! I would never have imagined how having the Realize band operation would change my life so dramatically!! In just a little under 6 months, my life has changed for the better.  

Prior to January 29, 2008: I was a biscuit over 400 pounds, and (for about the last 5 years) I have been on 4 medications  
Diovan HCT 160 / 25 mg (High Blood Pressure)
Lipitor 20 mg (High Cholesterol)
Coreg / Norvasc 20 mg (Hypertension)
Carvedilol 12.5 mg (Beta Blocker)  

Yesterday, for the first time since 2002, I was able to be weighed on my Doctor’s “regulation” scale, with many pounds to spare!! My total loss is 110 pounds !!  

Also, as of yesterday, I am officially off all my meds!! The Doctor was honest and said there is a slight chance I may need to go back to either Lipitor or Diovan (or both), but she says she’s doubts it. She is very satisfied with my progress.  

I need to THANK everyone on the boards!! If it weren’t for all the posts, insight, and personal responses, I don’t think I would have gotten this far this soon!!  

Bless you all!!  

Tom
Rhonda C.
on 7/18/08 2:20 am, edited 7/18/08 2:21 am - Kansas City, KS
Oh Tom I am so excited for you!!!  And happy for a matter of fact!!!!  I only wish I am just as sucessful as you!!!  Congrats!!!!!
verypeaceful
on 7/19/08 1:38 am
I just had the Realize Band 3 days ago.  Is it normal to have a swollen feeling in the top of my stomach area?  If yes, how long will it be there?
Thanks,
Denise
Tom C.
on 7/20/08 9:15 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Denise,

From what I hear this is quite normal. The only discomfort I experienced was a feeling that I could only equate to when someone does a lot of sit-ups, and an inner chest pain (which I later realized was caused by the intubation). Nothing else.

If the pain doesn't go away in a few days, contact your Doctor.

Good luck on your Journey !!

Tom
JackieBeth
on 7/24/08 12:13 am - Easton, MD
Tom,
That's great news.  I'm scheduled to have the Realize Band placed in me in October.  I can't wait....but know I must !!!  I started my journey in April.  I'm hoping I'll be able to come off some of my medications too.  Congratulations.  You're an inspiration.
Jackie

Jackie

NewHere37
on 7/24/08 4:55 am - CO
Tom -

You are a rock star!! And a true inspiration!

Deb
hart21664
on 8/8/08 11:11 pm - secretary, MD
ALL I CAN SAY IS TOTALLY AWESOME WAY TO GO. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYTHING YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH IS PAYING OFF. NEVER GIVE UP.........
Most Active