Cigna Insurance and the 6 month Diet...

don_missouri
on 7/23/08 4:34 am - st louis, MO
Hello folks....

I read faithfully, every day, what most of you write. It's very encouraging to me. I am currently in my final month of the "6 month waiting period" with my Cingna insurance. I haven't lost any weight during this time (...actually gained a couple). Will they deny me based on the fact that I haven't lost any weight? I'm curious. I was told that I only had to have a 6 month monitored program.

Anyone else with Cigna insurance?

don
speighd
on 7/23/08 9:38 am - NC
I wouldn't think so. After all if you lost 10 lbs per month, you wouldn't need the band.
My insurance is BCBS of TX.
I am just starting my 6 month waiting period. I wish I was in the last month....

Dave
don_missouri
on 7/25/08 12:46 am - st louis, MO
Dave,

Thanks for the insight. I thought about what you said and it was like..."duh"! Good luck on your 6 month waiting period (it's absolutley rediculous!) It goes by quicker than you think. I'm in the final month and ready to go after that. Use this time to research everything you can. This forum is a great place to find the answers to your questions. Don't be afraid to ask! Someone has been through it and will be able to answer!

don
hopeforme
on 7/25/08 12:26 pm - Charles City, VA
I have Cigna and did the 6 month diet (LOL) I quit smoking the same month I started and in 6 months gained 40#.  After Dr turned in paper work I was approved in like 5 days. Good luck

Stacdawg
on 7/26/08 9:34 am
I was told you do not have to lose any weight, but I'm using the time to develop better eating habits and being more mindful of what I'm eating.  I've also started working out 4 times a week.  My six months is up in Oct.  Good luck, keep the faith.
Sarakakamommy
on 8/19/08 3:33 pm - Bloomfield Hills, MI
Hi there,
I have my intial consultation September 8 and am wondering if I'll get stuck on a 6 month wait as well?  I spoke to my insurance in the winter and was told that I should be approved but didn't follow up at that time due to some other things we were dealing with at the time.  My insurance is BCBS of Massechusets.  Any thoughts, comments or personal insights??
wildheart63
on 8/20/08 5:31 am - IL
LOOK AT YOUR CERTIFICATE OF COVERAGE AND IT WILL SAY IF YOU NEED THE 6 MONTH SUPERV. DIET...MOST BCBS POLICIES DO,SO I WOULD CK INTO THAT BEFORE YOU GET DISAPPOINTED. I HAVE ANTHEM BCBS AND HAD THE 6 MONTH DIET UNDER MY BELT PRIOR TO EVEN GOING TO THE SEMINAR FOR THE REALIZE BAND....THAT WAS ON JUNE 25TH AND I DID THE PSYCH,CARDIO,AND PULMONARY WHILE WAITING FOR MY APPT WITH THE SURG ON 7/30/08 DID THE CLASS ON 8/18/08 AND MY INS APPROVED THE SURG ON 8/18/08 AS I WAS IN THE CLASS. MY SURG IS 9/9/08.......GOOD LUCK TO YOU
LORI
Most Active