dizziness

wish_43
on 8/12/08 2:45 am
I was banded on 8/7 I have lost 7 lbs so far. I am having trouble with my head feeling "swimmy" or dizzy. I have not been taking any pain medication that could cause this but I take Diovan and have had to come off of Effexor XR since surgery. Could this dizzy feeling be from my body going without as many calories its use to getting? I am drinking plenty I think. Or  I am wondering if it is still side effect of coming off of Effexor.
speighd
on 8/13/08 9:45 am - NC
Could be low blood suger?

Michael Eak
on 8/13/08 5:23 pm - Largo, FL
I agree with the Low Blood Sugar, contact your Primary right away and get a full blood testing done.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
whiterabt
on 8/14/08 6:09 am
It's probably a combination of things.  I've taken medication like Effexor before, and had dizzy spells weaning off of it.  Did you just stop taking it altoegther?  Suddenly quiting an SSRI is never a good idea!!
jla734
on 8/15/08 2:16 am - DE
  Let me take you on a different path. I was dizzy for 2 weeks and the doctor checked my ears and I had a VERY bad ear infection in my right ear. He gave me meds for it but 2 weeks later I was STILL dizzy went back and still had the infection so he put me on a stronger med. I have had this happen to me twice.
valarie30
on 8/17/08 12:36 pm - phoenix, AZ
um that sounds like its the withdrawl from effexor... how long were you on it and did you come off it to quick?
Most Active