Traveled with the Realize Band??????

tarat410
on 8/26/08 11:28 am - PHILADELPHIA, PA
Hi all!!
Just wondering if anyone has flown after being banded.  I've heard a couple conflicting answers. I have my placement card from my surgeon. Ya think thats enough?? BTW i work in radiology so i xray'd my band and it does contain metal in the port claws that attach to your abdominal wall. Also, my husband is a philly cop detailed to the airport once a week and he's the one gettin conflicting answers. UGH...if they strip search me im gonna be pissed

sunshineangel_1977
on 8/26/08 10:57 pm - sabina, OH
i have seen some ppl say it goes off and some it doesn't.  carry your card with you and they will wand you and it should be active around your scar....u wont get stripped searched.  they may have to wand you is all.  show em your scar when it goes off. lol....  I know i go through the metal detectors at our court house and it doesn't go off.  But i think the airport's detectors are more sensitive.
just dont for get your card.  You'll be ok!  Hope you have a good time on your trip!

love hate relationship Eating Disorder      

tarat410
on 8/26/08 11:00 pm - PHILADELPHIA, PA
THANKS SUNSHINE!!

Tom C.
on 8/27/08 5:28 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I've flown a few times, and I had no problem going through the detectors. I flew out of Newark, and they seem to be real hard *sses when it comes to checking someone out - and I passed.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
DrC
on 8/29/08 1:29 am - Cincinnati, OH
On August 27, 2008 at 12:28 PM Pacific Time, tcasola wrote:
I've flown a few times, and I had no problem going through the detectors. I flew out of Newark, and they seem to be real hard *sses when it comes to checking someone out - and I passed.
The Realize band has a very small amount of metal in it.  Unless you are pulled aside and wand-screened it'd be very unlikely to set off the alarm.  Just carry your card with you.

Trace W. Curry, M.D.  -- Lap Band, Realize Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy
Cincinnati, Ohio & Northern Ky    http://www.TheBandDoctor.com   
513.559.1222 / 877.442.BAND
DISCLAIMER:  Any information contained within is meant to be general medical advice only.  Please consult your surgeon on your specific problem!
lillismummy
on 9/10/08 12:16 am - United Arab Emirates
I have now flown 3 times with the band and it has not been detected
Most Active