pain!

Angelica M.
on 7/17/10 8:12 am - Hobart, OK
I had my surgery yesterday.. the doc says some people dont have a huge problem with pain. i do. he told me he had to repair the hiatal hernia and that is why i have so much pain.  i just dont have any relief and the percets arent helping...

if any of you have had a lot of pain did it go away soon?? if i have to deal with this for a week more im going to give the doc a call and see if theres something stronger for me.
Stephanie M.
on 7/17/10 10:29 am
Sorry you are having so much discomfort...call your doctor's office.  Generally they are available to write you a different prescription if the one you have isn't working.  Have you tried a heating pad?  I see you are in AZ so I am going to assume you have AC and it is cool in your house.  I was coughing up bloody mucus after my surgery ( hiatal hernia too) and really uncomfortable.  I had liquid hydrocodone...it worked great.  The third day is the worst, usually and you will feel better after than...sip your water, get some warm liquids in and use a heating pad wherever you feel pain.  Hope this helps...call your doctor's office.
Good luck...

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Interested1
on 7/18/10 10:36 pm
Hi.  Yes, sorry you are in so much pain! 

I didn't have a hiatal hernia but my pain after the surgery (the first day after) was pretty intense.  I found that putting bags of frozen vegetables on my stomach helped a great deal. (Peas are the best necause they conform)  I'm not kidding.  Try it.

And definitely call your doctor's office!  That's what they're there for!

Best of luck.
Lisa Y.
on 7/19/10 12:27 am
I stopped using the vicotin the dr gave me by the second day. It just wasn't working. I found that tylenol during the day and tylenol pm at night worked much better and I slept better. You are going to feel 100% better by day 7.  :)

Lisa

Angelica M.
on 7/19/10 1:55 am - Hobart, OK
thanks everyone, i did call my doc last night and he said that it will get better and just to keep iup with the percecet. its just hard to sleep or get comfortable. im trying to be active he said this would help but the second i sit after i walk around im in pain..

oh wells im hoping day 7 gets here quick lol :D

thanks everyone :D
dakota3766
on 7/20/10 2:20 am - Buffalo, NY
You MUST move or risk a very serious complication: DVT. Move slowly, but MOVE! Having someone in your life  who will not allow you to be still, like I did, also helps!
Tom C.
on 7/19/10 5:56 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
How you feeling now? Hopefully a bit better.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Angelica M.
on 7/19/10 7:23 am - Hobart, OK
still in pain. the doc said i have done to much walking aorund now ( which really confused me)  it feels like nothing is going down now, which he says is from the hernia repair. but i dunno how im able to drink the 64ozs or  my shakes. but i keep trying...just hoping to feel better tomorrow!

thanks for asking ;)
Most Active