First fill

Kim H.
on 3/30/11 1:49 am - Duluth, MN
I just got back from my appointment, and all went really well. By the way, it WAS a stitch sticking out of one of my incisions(I posted that concern last week), and she just snipped it off. I now have about 3.5 cc in my band. I am only 5 points away from a "normal" BMI! I could not be happier! (Well, OK, maybe when I am at goal weight I will be happier than I am now, but "one step at a time"!)

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 3/30/11 1:57 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Kim,

CONGRATS!! What wonderful news!!! You are just amazing!! Keep it going kiddo!! You're an inspiration to many here!!

And yes, this entire journey is done one step at a time.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Amy B.
on 3/30/11 7:22 am
 That's FANTASTIC, Kim! I'm so happy for you and know you are absolutely thrilled!
Kim H.
on 3/30/11 10:29 pm - Duluth, MN
Thanks, and YES I am. My sister and brother in law are coming over tomorrow and they were in FL when I had my surgery so they have not seen me since Christmas. I am anxious to see their reaction to the weight I have lost. They raised me from age 12 so their opinion/thoughts are important to me.

~Kim~

Country
on 3/30/11 9:26 am
Kim,

Congrats.. I don't get my first fill until April 26.. I also have a little stitch sticking out.. will ask them to snip it as well..

That is such exciting news!!!

Country  -V

Kim H.
on 3/30/11 10:25 pm - Duluth, MN
thank you. I did not feel well for the rest of tghe day after I last posted, but when I called they said that was normal and to just take it easy. I had to miss a concert I was looking forward to(luckily it was free!)

~Kim~

Country
on 3/31/11 12:25 am
So after a fill I should expect to be a bit tired and should rest the rest of the day/evening??

Sorry you missed your concerts.. at least it was for a good cause!!

Get some rest and hope you will be up and no time..

Tom C.
on 3/31/11 12:44 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Some folks are advised to "take it easy" for a day or so after a fill. Also, depending on your Doctor, you probably will do "just liquid diet" for 24 to 48 hours, then slowly do each "stage" for a day. By day 4 you should be eating normally again
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 3/31/11 3:11 pm - Duluth, MN
Tom, that is EXACTLY what I was told. I will be back to "normal" foods just in time for Sunday..when I am scheduled to start regular foods anyway. I have a question, though. Will this be 3 meals no snacks, as opposed to the snacks between "meals" since I started the process?

~Kim~

Most Active