Can we have....?

Kim H.
on 4/10/11 5:22 am - Duluth, MN
Are things like ketchup, mayo, salad dressing, margarine,etc. a no-no now that we are "banded"? Just curious. Still kinda new and do not want to eat anything I shouldn't be. I still have not figured this all out yet. Will I ever?? lol

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 4/10/11 5:37 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Again it all depends on your Doctor/Nutritionist 

Of course, mine feels with a properly placed band, nothing should be off limits.

With THAT said, remember you want to try to use the "best" choice of these condiments - low fat; natural; no added sugar, etc. For me, eating margarine and/or butter is a trigger. Don't know what it is.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 4/10/11 6:29 am - Duluth, MN
ok...guess that is just one more question to add to my list for my dietitian. Thanks, Tom

~Kim~

crystal M.
on 4/10/11 8:44 am - Joliet, IL
I guess I am lucky in that I don't really like a whole lot of condiments.  The ones I do use like - A1 or mustard...I still use them.  The reason why is because it's at such a small amount the calories and carbs are very insignificant.  Not to mention I always leave an extra 100 calories a day for extras such as mustard or A1 or that twizzler someone gave me at work...hahaha.  So I am never actually over eating or going over my daily calories. 
Kim H.
on 4/10/11 12:01 pm, edited 4/10/11 12:01 pm - Duluth, MN
good to know...thanks

~Kim~

Most Active