Looking forward to this afternoon

Kim H.
on 4/13/11 6:57 pm - Duluth, MN
Today is the day! I am going to get a fill! Hopefully this one will "work" and I will be able to do what I am supposed to do. I am really frustrated! May sound silly and I may regret this later today (or maybe tomorrow),but I want to feel some discomfort, some... something..anything...like, maybe, FULL...I have done everything I have been told, and it just isn't working! What am I doing wrong? I drink LOTS of water, I eat slowly, and only what I am allowed...maybe I will get some answers later today.

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 4/13/11 9:57 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Kim

From what I can read you're doing everything correctly, but of course I'm not around you 24 hours a day to say for sure. With that said, don't fret.

I honestly believe a lot of folks go into these operations expecting to "feel something right away". However when I usually ask what they expect to feel, most say "I don't know - but I don't expect to feel hungry or I expect to feel fuller on a little". “True" hunger feeling may or may not ever go away. “Head" hunger NEVER goes away. As for a full feeling, that may comes over time.

I’ve have said IMHO I don’t think you’re eating enough. However, as I always stress TALK TO THE DOCTOR/NUTRITIONIST BEFORE INCREASING /CHANGE YOUR INTAKE. I strongly suggest you speak to your Doctor/Nutritionist today. Sit down and let it all out. Mention ALL of your CONCERNS. If they said you’re doing well, and it’s normal – take their word and relax a little.

Remember this isn’t a sprint race but a marathon. It will take: some time; trial and errors; patience; and getting reacquainted with your body before you will feel confident what you’re doing.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 4/14/11 3:36 am - Duluth, MN
Thanks Tom. I appreciate your words of encouragement. To tell you the truth I , too. don't think I am eating enough.With that said, I AM following what my nutritionist has said..or at least I THINK I am. I get my fills done by the PA in my surgeons office, so today both my husband and I are going there and we are going to hopefully have time to ask questions and get answers. When I saw my nutritionist about a week ago, the next appointment she gave me was for 6 weeks from then, instead of my "usual" 4 weeks. I was worried about that...Yes, you probably figured out by now, I am a WORRIER and I do have anxiety problems...so this has been challenging for me. I did GREAT on liquids, until I got to weak. But I was confident on them and felt NO hunger. But now in the "real world", you may be right. I may not be eating enough. When I feel the hunger I eat protein or drink water..nothing helps. Well in a couple hours I should have answers. I will get back to you then.

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 4/14/11 3:51 am, edited 4/14/11 4:29 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

I would strongly suggest speaking to either the P.A. or your Doctor concerning your nutrition and see what they say.

My only other advice, while you may be scheduled to see a professional in X weeks - if you feel you cannot wait, demand to make an appointment sooner. You need to be diligent if you want to succeed.

A silly example I always us is: If you just bought an expensive television and it wasn't working properly - you wouldn't put up with "we'll come out to service it in 6 weeks". You'd demand it be fix immediately, or you would look else where to get it repaired. Aren't we worth more than a silly television?

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 4/14/11 4:03 am, edited 4/14/11 4:03 am - Duluth, MN
Yes, Tom.. I AM worth MORE than a television(I love that analogy!) I will definitely talk to her. She is really nice and she will give me the answers I need. Just out of curiosity, how much protein are you personally "supposed" to consume in a meal? I was told 1 oz of protein and 15 grams of carbs. I KNOW that is what she told me. In fact she wrote it down! For example for Easter: 1 oz of ham, 2 tbsp green bean casserole , 2 to 3 tbsp cheesy potatoes.

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 4/14/11 4:35 am, edited 4/14/11 4:40 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

ADVICE WARNING: TALK TO THE DOCTOR/NUTRITIONIST BEFORE INCREASING /CHANGE YOUR INTAKE

In the beginning: I was told 60 to 80 grams of Protein. I was told each meal should consist of about 3 to 4 ounces of protein. One ounce of Protein has around 7 grams. Then make up the rest with a protein shake.

ADVICE WARNING: TALK TO THE DOCTOR/NUTRITIONIST BEFORE INCREASING /CHANGE YOUR INTAKE

Tom

Kim H.
on 4/14/11 4:49 am - Duluth, MN
OK then I will definitely bring that up I was told one ounce of protein at a meal..only 3 meals a day, but because of my diabetes I can have a night snack consisting of protein (1 ounce) and 15 g of carbs..ONE MORE HOUR and I will get answers!

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 4/14/11 5:01 am, edited 4/14/11 5:26 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Well maybe because you have Diabetes (I didn't), that could be the reason your Doctor and/or Nutritionists have you on this plan.

This is a great example why I always suggest talking to your Doctor/Nutritionist before making any changes. They know your condition so much better then us strangers.

Good luck - and keep us posted.

Tom

Anna H.
on 4/14/11 5:20 am - Lawrenceville, PA
Hi Kim
Just going to put my 2 cents in here if you dont mind. After I get done with the soft stage (which will be Sunday) I am suppose to move on to Basic meal plan which consists of the following
 2 ozs protein 
1 oz  non starchy veg or fruit
1 oz. starch
dab of fat
This is for all 3 meals and plus I can have a snack in the afternoon if I dont feel full.. Can drink protein shakes in between too if I need too. Hope this helps you some. Good luck to you I get my first fill on the 9th of May

Anna
Kim H.
on 4/14/11 1:53 pm, edited 4/14/11 1:53 pm - Duluth, MN
Thanks everyone for your advice, suggestions, and encouragement. I got my answers. I WAS eating the right amount of food at a given meal (1/2 c including ONE oz of protein), the things I was NOT doing was eating enough other protein , such as cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, etc. So now I have to be mindful to eat those type of high protein foods and/or use protein powder to supplement. Also, apparently when one gets headaches (everyday) it is ONE sign of dehydration. SO that means even though I THOUGHT I was getting enough, I guess not. So, gotta be more mindful of that. I got filled to 5.3 cc. I go back in a month. So, all in all, I guess it was a great appointment. Thanks again, friends!

~Kim~

Most Active