Eating like I have never eaten before

Kim H.
on 5/4/11 7:45 am - Duluth, MN
I do not know what is going on with me! I feel so defeated! I am so ashamed! I do not know why I am doing this! I have eaten so much since lunchtime, I don't think I should eat supper. I am going to spend the evening drinking my water. I promise! ALL EVENING! I feel no restriction from eating. Could not feel any discomfort at all and I KNOW I have eaten WAY more than I should have! 2 months out, I should know better! I DO know better, but that has not mattered today. Any advice is appreciated!

~Kim~

Amy B.
on 5/4/11 10:36 am
First of all, DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP!!! That's the worst thing you can do. So you fell off the wagon a bit? We are human and not perfect. You just have to get back on track and leave today behind. You have worked so hard and I know you will continue doing well as soon as you forgive yourself and move on from today. There are so many things that can add to our eating habits. You've changed so many of them and this is just a minor set back. Get back on that horse, girl, and live to ride another day!!!
Kim H.
on 5/5/11 1:58 am - Duluth, MN
Thank you so much for the encouragement, Amy! I am starting fresh, and drinking more fluids, and I AM living to "ride another day"!

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 5/5/11 3:44 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Kim

For you, or anyone who eats too much during the day and is deciding not to eat at night (the rest of the day) – DON’T DO IT!! This is the worst thing one can do. If you deprive yourself (A) the body will go into a starvation mode (B) the next day you’ll likely be twice as hungry because your body IS in STARVATION mode.

If you over eat during the day, realize what you did, and realize there is nothing you can do about it. You just need to stop, and make the following (rest of the day) meals SENSIBLE. Then come the next day, write off the day before, and begin anew.

The difference between US and Naturally Thin people is they realize that one day doesn’t make the next day. If they over eat one day, they realize their mistake and compensate for it the next day or days – or they up their exercise.

Operation, or no operation, there will be rare days when we can eat more then we should and/or normally could. The next day we need to go back and be more diligent.

Also remember this – there are 365 days in the year. If you’re good 90% of the time, that leaves 36.5 days of being “a little off". That works out to about 3 days a month. Not saying you should be “off your game" 3 times a month. What I am saying is, if you’re not 100% on one day there is no need to beat yourself up.

JUST GET BACK ON TRACK !!

GOT IT !?!?!?!? GOOD !!!!!

Love ya my Sister !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 5/5/11 9:24 pm - Duluth, MN
Thank you , Tom! And, yes, I did eat dinner that night. I did better yesterday, but, I consciously made the decision NOT to overeat. Last night we went out to eat with our church group, and my husband and I shared a wild rice meatloaf dinner(YUMMMMMM YUMMMM). The pieces of meatloaf we got were HUGE! I cut mine into my alloted portion and put the rest into a to go container right away, along with half the helping of mashed potatoes thay gave me. And I ate slowly and carried on conversations. It was great ! UNTIL..one of my friends said "Kim, you can eat real food now?" She KNEW I could cuz I was just with her at a potluck last weekend. It irritated me, because I DO NOT want extra attention paid to me when I am at a "public" setting like that. Any suggestions? I sure could use advice on how to handle that in the future.
Thanks again to you all for your encouraging comments. Love you all!!

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 5/5/11 9:48 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Kim.

For me I've been open about my operation and never mind a question concerning it. I realize (no pun intended) most people are ignorant went it comes to these types of procedures.

However, I've always been told when a inappropriate question is asked, the best reply is silence. If person questions again, respond in silence again. And if the person asks "did you hear me", you can simply say "yes".

Now for me, I would reply and then ask something snarky to them. But that's me.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 9:27 am - KY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 05/26/11
What everyone has said is right on track. I just want you to know everyone has been there before. When one slip happens there is INTENSE fear that all will come crumbling down. You did the best thing anyone can and that is share your story with people who care. You put yourself out there so others can help you stay accountable.

I don't know what I would do if everyone on here were perfect. Thank you for sharing!
Kim H.
on 5/5/11 9:27 pm - Duluth, MN
Thanks, Stephanie.
I have a question, though. If I can eat like that and NOT feel full (or get sick, or in pain, or SOMETHING), should I check with my physician to see whether I may need another fill, or that something is not "wrong" with my band? Any thought?

~Kim~

Kim H.
on 5/6/11 3:24 am - Duluth, MN
Called my doc's office and talked to his PA, who does all the fills. She is making an appointment for me to come in next week. She said it was ok because it was more than 2 weeks since I had been there. So, at least I feel like I am being listened to, and she will decide if I neeed a fill, or if something else is going on.
Thanks for the support, everyone!

~Kim~

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 7:35 am - KY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 05/26/11
I am very glad you decided to talk to your doctor/pa about this. Just curious, did you feel full when you ate out with the meat loaf?
Most Active