Another NSV

dlee40
on 6/25/11 12:14 pm - TX
I got two more medicines halved this week. I had my physical Tuesday, and my doctor said she would do this if the bloodwork was OK -- and it was. In fact, my blood sugar was great! (It was 146 last May, 2010,  and more recently has been in the 120 range -- it is now 96! And the AC1, which measures blood sugar over the last three months, was 6.0 -- and they want it under 6.1. My doctor was very proud.) So she lowered my dosage of Metformin, for the diabetes, from two a day to one. She will eventually take me off of it, but she said it could help with weight loss, so would keep me on it a while longer.   My cholesterol was way better, too. So she changed me from one 40 mg a day to 20, and I can just split them until I need a new prescription.   And I think I already mentioned, she told me to start easing off the Nexium (for acid reflux), going from one a day to one every other day. If I don't experience any acid reflux symptoms, I would later go from one every third day.   So this means that my blood pressure medicine has been halved, as has been my diabetes medicine, my cholesterol medicine, and my acid reflux medicine (all because of the weight loss), and I was taken off the heart medicine and I likely will be taken off the Pradaxa at my next cardiologist visit (both because of an ablation last year). Yeaaa!

High: 269              Surgery Day: 224              Current: 198.6   Goal: 135

"Do all the good you can,By all the means you can, In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can." John Wesley

Tom C.
on 6/25/11 7:18 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active