Recent Posts

Kathy S.
on 1/14/15 5:25 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: The moment you've all been waiting for . . . OH2015 Location Announcement!

And the winner is....

http://events.obesityhelp.com/

Not sure you are going?  Check out the video from last years conference and you will see what you missed.  BOOK NOW

We hope to see you all there

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Tana10732
on 1/1/15 8:46 am - Thomasville, NC
Topic: RE: Suggestions? Answers? Help....please
I had the same problem when I went on Pristiq back in 2011. I couldn't eat for DAYS! As soon I quit talking it and switched to Lexapro I had no more problems. My advise: change your antidepressant!

3cc on 12/10/09, 0.8cc on 1/25/10, 1.0 cc on 3/15/10, 1.0 cc on 4/28/10, 0.2 cc on 6/16/10, 0.7 cc on 8/26/10, 0.8 cc on 10/15/10, 1.0 cc on 3/17/11 and 0.3 cc on 6/9/11.  8.8 cc in my 11cc band

HW 258/SW 242/CW 170/GW 140

bavariangirl
on 12/21/14 10:55 am - Clarksville , TN
Topic: RE: Realize band or lapband?

i have experiences with both...:( not good ones... 

bavariangirl
on 12/21/14 10:53 am - Clarksville , TN
Topic: RE: Suggestions? Answers? Help....please

i got my first band in 2006 in germany when i had 240 pounds. everything was perfect und got my weight down to 155 pounds and i finally reached my goal :) then after that i got a really bad cold and had to take antibiotics and other medications and my stomach was swollen up and get to get totally unfilled...thats when i started to gain weight again and no doctor after that was able to find the right setting for me to lose weight again..

in july my lap  band slipped and i got it removed and got a new realize band in one surgery. i got nothing but problems with it..pain. gas. reflux . its really frustrating. and i am also back up to 230 pounds..all the suffering in the last 8 years feels like it was for nothing...

KELLIEH
on 11/3/14 8:18 am
Topic: Suggestions? Answers? Help....please

I was banded on 7/31/2008. I have had satisfactory results until the past month or so. My regular MD changed my antidepressant to Pristiq and I have no idea if this has anything to do with my problem....I did well, very well, with my band (Realize Band) but since the medication change I've been going 2-4 days of throwing up food, can't even hold down a bite, a teaspoon! Although, liquids are still fine such as lots of coffee, iced tea, water. THEN I'll go a few days of being able to eat just fine (for a banded person). Then it starts all over again! ALOT has changed since 2008. I no longer have ANY insurance, my bariatric doctor closed his practice, and I'm divorced. I'm having difficulty finding another bariatric doctor close by that will even "mess with" the Realize Band. I have to pray I'll be able to find my medical records even if I can find a doctor.....they wont touch me without them.

I don't think it's a slip because I've read there's pain, reflux, etc. I don't have any of that. I just throw up all food for some days in a row then eat fine for a few days.

PLEASE tell me there is someone out there that has experienced this! It's horrible. On bad days I can't even hold down a protien drink withou****ering it down or it causes the dreaded sliming which causes the throwing up.

lindajoyce
on 10/20/14 9:01 pm - San Diego, CA
Topic: RE: need some advice and encouragement

Have you ever try to change those habits that you discussed here?? May be you 50% problem will solve after making change in those habits. obesityhelp

Dejah H.
on 10/9/14 2:23 am - Central, TX
Topic: RE: Is anyone happy with the band?

I am over 6 years out with the band, and very happy with it. :)

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

Hislady
on 6/22/14 9:54 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Barium swallow shows "thickening". Scar tissue?

That's exactly what it is and they will tell you no that's not it, it's you. This is a super common problem with all bands and one reason they should be pulled from the market! If food is getting stuck and you are vomiting you need to get that thing out of you and the sooner the better especially where you are vomitting. Don't let them dismiss you push, push, push for for removal and revision  if that is what you want. It will not get better, only worse, been there done that!

Sarahlicious
on 6/5/14 1:43 am - Portsmouth, OH
Topic: MANTRABAND GIVEAWAY - What?s your favorite mantra?

mantra-band-giveaway

What’s Your Mantra?

It’s giveaway time again! To celebrate the ObesityHelp 2014 Conference, we’ve partnered with MantraBand, to create a special giveaway! They have graciously donated five of their inspirational MantraBand bracelets to celebrate your journeys. Each of the winners that are selected will get to pick their favorite mantra from the MantraBand collection! 

To see all the Mantras at MantraBand, goto: http://www.mymantraband.com/products/inspirational-bracelets and look through the drop down that lists all their inspirational MantraBrands then we want to know, “What’s your Favorite Mantra?”

How-to Enter the Giveaway:

There are 6 ways to get entered into the giveaway! Four of the ways, give you extra entries! The more you do, the more times your name will be entered into the drawing, increasing your chances at winning. Click here to find out all the ways to enter! 

sarah-mantra

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

TwoSiamese
on 5/29/14 9:25 pm
Topic: Barium swallow shows "thickening". Scar tissue?

After experiencing serious restriction 3years post band surgery, even without any fill in the band, I had a barium swallow test to see what the problem was. Food frequently gets stuck for hours and I throw up several times a week. The MD saw the pill I swallowed get stuck, not because of the band itself and but because of a thickening at the band. I asked her if this was scar tissue and she said she didn't know. I have an appt with the bariatric surgeon in July. Has anyone had this problem? Any idea what the "thickening". might be?

Most Active