Recent Posts

cozmo98
on 4/14/14 11:43 am - GA
Topic: Georgia WLS meet and greet

Georgia WLS

Meet & Greet

Come out and meet local pre-op and post op WLS patients.

Bring the whole family!

Drop by for an hour or stay for the whole day. This is a fun way to meet others who are going through similar situations and make new friends

June 14th 2014 11am-3pm

Shorty Howell Park Pavilion

2750 Pleasant Hill Rd, Duluth, GA 30096

Feel free to bring food to cook on the grill or your favorite WLS friendly recipe to share with the group

Cook out/picnic, play games, walk the trails, bicycle, etc.

We will get there early and reserve tables for our group but please RSVP so we know how many people to expect

RSVP to Christian at

[email protected] or

James Haney at

[email protected]

Nikki6
on 3/15/14 11:50 pm
Topic: Too skinny :(

I'm sort-of new here (old member but haven't posted in a few years).  6 years ago this coming July I had my surgery.  It was originally a diet, then a lifestyle, then an obsession.  I had all but 2cc removed from the band 5 years ago but continued to lose weight.  I went from a size 20 at 276lbs to a size 4 currently at 128lbs.  I was recently diagnosed with anorexia and have food issues.  Anyone else gone to the other extreme and how have you dealt with it?  I'm on a special anorexia diet now and on the 27th having all the fill removed from the band.....not that I had restriction because I haven't in 5 years.  I have the issue of the tool for 6 months and then had an un fill due to vacation then I never got another fill.  I continued to eat like I had a full band and was quite rigid with it....too rigid.  

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 2/18/14 2:37 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: Announcing: ObesityHelp Conference 2014

You've contacted us since the 2013 Conference so here is the 4-1-1:  We are excited to announce the details for the ObesityHelp Conference 2014. 

The conference for this year will be held in Los Angeles, California on August 15-16, 2014.

To sign up for the latest updates and other details, check our OH Blog.

Please join us for the fun, education, information and vendor samples.

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

JessMac86
on 2/3/14 2:45 am
Topic: Band Slip??

Hi all,

im going Thursday for a UGI swallow to see if something is wrong with my band. I am able to eat ANYTHING and as much as I want and my band is over half full. Anyone have something similar?

traceydj
on 1/28/14 11:24 pm
Topic: RE: How much can you eat?

Hey Cross6901...so what happened? I am in teh same boat you were. I swear i had every side effect from that damn sleeve..lol.  i couldnt sleep on my back or stomach. Could only really sleep on my right side..i couldnt eat..then lay down. 

food woud pour out of my nose at any point during the day if i ate too much (yeah..i know). I carred a super size bottle of tums with me where i go. I couldnt eat spicy foods, apples, raisins, watermelon, brocolli..etc. I got all of the fluid out of my band..now i can eat anything..and have gained weight...what a vicious cycle.

traceydj
on 1/28/14 11:20 pm
Topic: RE: Is anyone happy with the band?

Hey Stephanie.1...

i dont know if you have gotten your surgery or not..but if you havent..dont get the band..do the sleeve.

the band will more than likely mechanically fail. mine has slipped 3 times. i am in the process of getting approved for a revision to a sleeve.

keep us posted.

annie0039
on 12/15/13 12:08 pm

Regardless If anyone is HAPPY or not the Band is NOT a permanent WLS . Even the manufacturers are putting that on thier websites to Cover their backsides. Save yourself the $$, frustration and Repeat Surgery. FACT: Sleevers lose better when it's a virgin stomach.Sure you may be happy the first 5 years IF your lucky ( with a Band) but then what? Remove the band, hope no damage it done,pray you haven't regained or hope you lost weight  (some ppl don't) and revise.. also hope your insurance covers it ( some are going to 1 WLS per lifetime)and your Doctor believes you when your telling him your having complications. Guess you know my answer Don't both getting a band.

nayttap
on 12/15/13 10:58 am

Liked my band fine for awhile, but it wasn't at that sweet spot.  

Lost weight for awhile, but my band wasn't at that sweet spot.  

Messed endlessly with fills and even a few unfills, but my band wasn't at that sweet spot.  

Then I started choking and sliming no matter what I ate, but my band wasn't at that sweet spot.  

Finally I revised to a sleeve....finally I found a sweet spot for life....that has nothing to do with the band!

HW:  275;  CW: 155;  GW: 120-135;   Ht:  5'2"

Lap Band 8/2011

Revision to VSG 12/2013

Stephanie.1
on 11/19/13 7:33 pm
Topic: Is anyone happy with the band?

I am new and deciding between band or sleeve.  I am 3 months into a six month diet and hear nothing  but negative about the band.  I was just wondering if anyone is happy with their band?

Sarahlicious
on 9/21/13 5:31 am - Portsmouth, OH
Topic: All EARS for #OH2103 National Conference! Who will I see there?
Ready for #OH2013

Ready for #OH2013

Getting ready for more education, friends, and fun at the ObesityHelp 2013 National Conference in Anaheim, CA, October 4th & 5th.

Looking forward to hearing Dr. Ayra Sharma speak, and spending more time with my pal Eggface!

photofun

I’m also hoping to have time to visit with my college mentor who now lives and works in California, the man truly changed and saved my life!

There is still time to join me in Anaheim! This will be my 8th ObesityHelp Event!

I like to stay active with ObesityHelp and the weight loss surgery community because I’ve met many fellow Lipedema and Lymphedema patients who have had or are considering weight loss surgery and it is great to meet others with similar experiences.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Most Active