Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

Cathy W.
on 6/25/14 8:10 am

I'm not Martha Stewart or Rachael Ray when it comes to cooking.  I look for easy and healthy dishes for my own WLS healthy food choices but family-friendly too.  This one fulfills all my needs for easy, healthy and family-friendly.

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients

• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp dried oregano
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I use half a green and half a red)
  • 12 flour tortillas
  • Toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and guacamole – if desired

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
  2. In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
  3. Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
  4. Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
  5. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.

The thing I like about this is that I can eat it with tortillas or by itself without the tortillas.

Serves 6 (or if you have two teenage sons like I do, serves 2 plus a WLS post-op LOL)

NancyTina
on 6/26/14 6:02 am

I saw this recipe yesterday when you posted it so I made it for dinner.  It is fabulous. 

I'd eaten more carbs than normal yesterday so I ate it without the tortillas and I didn't miss them at all.  My husband and kids ate with tortillas and they liked it a lot.  They asked me to make it again later this weekend. 

Thanks for sharing it. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/14 7:09 pm

Hello,

I tried this last week, and it was gorgeous!! How do you find recipes like that? Do you create it?

Thank you!!

Most Active