Please help me find a Chili Recipe !

ArleneAnne
on 2/5/15 10:53 pm - Oakville, Canada

Greetings

It is COLD outside ..... so a nice big bowl of HOT chili would be WONDERFUL !!!     Does anyone have a Bariatric friendly recipe

Thankyou in advance

Arlene

tdutton
on 2/13/15 4:45 am

Try this one:

http://www.bariatriceating.com/2011/11/03/white-chicken-poblano-chili/

just4Dee
on 4/7/15 4:46 am

I was given this recipe a few years ago and I like to make it during lent. I change up the recipe depending on my mood :)

Quinoa Chili

This is the perfect cold night supper that takes only minutes to prepare. It's really healthy, vegetarian and gluten free too! Ingredients:
2 T. Red Curry Paste ( found in the Indian food section of your grocery store)
2 tsp Ground Cumin Powder
4 Cups Vegetable Broth
2/3 c. red quinoa uncooked ( color does not a_ect taste or texture)
1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed ( about 2 cups)
1 large green pepper chopped ( about 2 cups)
2 15oz cans red kidney beans
1/2 cup lite coconut milk
2 cups tomato puree
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
Freshly ground black pepper In a 4 qt. pot add curry paste, cumin and a little broth. Mash the mixture and stir until smooth. Add the remaining broth, quinoa, bell pepper and sweet potato. Set over high heat and bring to a boil. Cover tightly, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes or until the quinoa begins to absorb the broth. Add the beans, coconut milk, cayenne pepper and tomato puree to the pot and stir to combine. Cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes until the quinoa is tender and the soup is thickened. Finish with freshly ground black pepper. Serve with fresh hummus and pita chips or rice chips. Calories per 2 1/2 c. serving 341, total fat 5g, sat. fat 6g, Carbs 68 g Fiber 17g, sugars 13g, Protein 17 g, sodium 412 mg Cholesterol: 0 mg.  
Most Active