NEed Recipes for Soft Foods Phase please

nguzzy404
on 8/28/15 12:27 pm

Hi All! 

I am brand new to this site and tomorrow makes 1 month post op. I have already started the soft foods phase but I feel I am failing miserably! On a good day I am averaging about 540-600 calories but It is extremely hard to drink enough water and also difficult to eat and make sure that what I am eating is protein rich. In the morning I have been doing a Premier Protein shake and adding 1/2 cup Vanilla Soy milk which helps gives me a decent initial boost in protein but going downhill from there. 

I say all that to say this...I am tired of eating soups and I know that I can begin to experiment a bit more in this phase, I enjoy all types of fish and ground meats are fine as well (preferably turkey or chicken) I just want to find something that tastes good, has a decent amount of protein and won't kill me to eat. Any help is appreciated and I thank you all in advance! 

Thanks! 

Kimmie22
on 8/31/15 11:29 am

Congrats on the progress so far. I am 8 weeks out now myself. I ave found that eating Tilapia is my easiest for protein and light on the stomach (as well being cheap). You can cook it many ways because it absorbs any flavor you combine with it. I like a like olive oil and garlic. It is so full of protein you can add a table spoon or two of soft veggies (carrots steamed).  I bought the big frozen bags at Walmart for $10 and they are perfect size at 2.5 oz each.  I used to be a cook so if you need any idea just message me. 

****also get an app on computer or phone for high protein food list*****

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/15 10:49 am

one can Baked beans mixed w one can reg beans ( cuts the sugar) w fat free  cheese on top 

or substitute fat free refried beans w salsa mixed in fat free cheese on top

I lived on this post op (((()))) congratulations !

PeanutFreeMom2
on 10/13/15 7:50 am

There's a few great ideas here for soft foods:

https://youtu.be/mTx-P2Qoqf8?list=PLdw1m2XqA7MOJYr9hDS4L09Z0 R9qQh148

and the whole channel has quite a few great recipes for bariatric patients:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Q4u****pSyAr0ArbZCx_w

I hope that helps! xo

Duetoprivacy
on 10/23/15 3:11 pm

I've been having good luck with grilled or poached salmon, scallops, and rotisserie chicken breast and well cooked green beans. Avocado as a side has also been great.

Most Active