Chicken Crust Pizza

Ohiodietguy
on 11/25/15 2:00 pm

Chicken crust pizza

One pound ground (raw) chicken breast - or 3 small boneless breasts, pulsed in food processor
½ cup grated Parmesan
1 cup freshly shredded part skim mozzarella - one cup shredded cheese is 4 ounces by weight
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Dried oregano
½ cup prepared pasta sauce
Crushed red pepper flakes
4 or 5 basil leaves, rolled and sliced
Toppings - lets not go crazy with fat - I used Molinari very lean pepperoni in paper thin slices
Instructions
Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper or foil sprayed with non stick vegetable cooking spray.
In a medium bowl combine the ground chicken with ¼ cup parmesan, ¼ cup mozzarella, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and ½ teaspoon oregano.
Mound the chicken mixture onto the parchment and pat into flat rectangle or disc. Cover with plastic wrap and evenly press or roll the chicken into a 7x10" rectangle or round. I use a rolling pin to get it very thin. Remove the plastic wrap and roast until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
Smear crust with sauce, scatter with ¼ cup Parmesan, ¾ cup mozzarella, layer with toppings and season with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes and ¼ teaspoon oregano.

I made this recipe and it was delicious

I found the recipe for bariatric eating.com

Starting Weight 337  Current Weight 178.4 BMI 22.3 

ttfan
on 10/2/16 4:23 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I have made this a few times and it is delicious! 

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Most Active