Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza - Outststanding!

lking
on 11/27/15 5:39 pm - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

Tonight I made this delicious homemade pizza...and it was healthy...high protein, low carb. My husband said it's the best pizza he's ever had. I don't know if it's the best I've ever had but it's sure pretty close to it. I added additional toppings...1/2lb mild Italian sausage (cooked & drained), slices of turkey pepperoni, and slices of portabella mushrooms).

Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza
Serves 4-6

INGREDIENTS

1 small head of cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
1 large egg, beaten
2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
nonstick cooking spray
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup basil leaves (optional)

PREPARATION

Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.

Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it's the consistency of rice. Spread the riced cauliflower over the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until it's tender and starting to brown just a little around the edges, about 15 minutes.

Let completely cool then transfer the cooked cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and add the beaten egg, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese. Stir together until the mixture is sticky and uniform throughout.

Line the same baking sheet with a new sheet of parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray. Transfer the cauliflower mixture to the baking sheet and use your hands to press it into an oval-shaped crust that's about 1/4-inch thick. Bake in the preheated oven until it's lightly browned all over and starting to turn dark brown around the edges, about 10 minutes.

Spread the tomato sauce over the lightly browned crust, leaving just a little room around the edges. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top, then garnish with the torn basil leaves, if you're using them. Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.

Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve!

Copied from BuzzFeed

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.

Brandi Girl
on 12/9/15 8:38 am
WLS on 10/18/11

Thank you for this! I'm going to have to try this one for sure!!

Most Active