Crock pot

Brandi Girl
on 12/11/15 4:53 am
WLS on 10/18/11

I often work late hours. So I have found that the later I get home from work the more of a chance there is that make poor food choices such as just grabbing fast food :( But on the days I start my meals in the crock pot as I get ready for work I don't have to worry about working late or eating poorly!!! I LOVE my crock pot. Today's dinner is already in the crock pot for the day-chicken taco's. I need to keep finding new recipes for the crock pot so I don't get bored. Funny how I can get bored when eating healthy but I never seemed to have gotten bored back when I ate fast food burgers and pizza night after night for years :( Ugh

cajunlady1958
on 12/13/15 9:50 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I look up a lot of recipes on the internet. I really like cooking light, they have over 100 recipes using the crockpot. My favorite one is Chicken Supreme:
4 chicken breast
1 can of fat free chicken broth
1 can of fat free cream of mushroom soup
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of whole mushrooms

Put all in the crockpot and cook for 8 hours. It is so moist and tasty. For those not on a low carb diet the can spoon it over rice or noodles.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Brandi Girl
on 12/13/15 3:55 pm
WLS on 10/18/11

This sounds very good, I am going to have to try it! And you can't get any simpler than this :) Thank you for the idea!

annaklein
on 12/16/15 3:17 pm - Canada

Hi try this one

I had beef vegetable soup today that was Tasty. Very easy.

~1lb Stew Beef

1 carton beef stock

can o' diced potatoes

can o' diced tomatoes (I used one with garlic and olive oil)

a bunch (I didn't measure) of frozen mixed veggies

a pouch of beef onion soup

6 hours on low.

I share your love of crockpot too!!

obioxiupa
on 12/31/15 10:27 am

I like things that can be made into multiple meals.   This can be used for three meals.

Large pork loin.  (I buy at Sams club, for 15 dollars I get enough to do this recipe twice.  split in half, freeze one half for another week)

Large container of salsa.

Place 3-4 lb loin in the crock pot.

Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste.

Cover with salsa.  Cook for 6-8 hours on high, until the pork shreds.  Can even start with frozen meat, takes longer.

First day:

Serve shredded port with veggies, or over rice/noodles/quinoa.

Second day:

Make shreded pork tacos.

Third day:

remove salsa, shred remaining meat, and add BBQ - for pulled pork. 

Most Active