Protein Powder AirBubble Fluff

Jolly_ICU_RN
on 12/15/15 8:25 pm
WLS on 12/29/15

On my preop diet and trying to be serious about the protein shake requirements. I am allowed to add a few healthy ingredients (very limited fruit). However, when I add them to my NEW ninja nutribullet thing (Black Friday Deal!), it doubles in volume due to air bubbles...which I don't like (and I"m sure would be uncomfortable post op!). Tips? Thoughts? Ideas? 

Thanks!

SDenae
on 12/17/15 12:21 pm, edited 12/17/15 4:22 am - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

You mean when you put your shake in the blender? I tried that and got the same result. Here's what I do now.

I use this cup SmartShaker because it has a removable filter in the lid to stop clumps from getting through. It also has removable cups for your protein powder and vitamins for when you're on the go.
I also add a wire mixer ball, because it helps to break up the clumps. I hate clumps.

I make my shakes in the morning, shake them up good, and then put them in the fridge until I'm ready to drink them. By then, they are clump free and (after a quick shake or two to remix) ready to go. You could add your blended fruit just before you drink the shake.

Another option would be to just blend your shakes in the morning or the night before and let them sit in the fridge until the bubbles are gone. A quick shake to remix and they should be drinkable, I would think.

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active