Non Meat Recipes (Fish okay!)

luxurycouture
on 1/16/16 6:06 pm

Hey Y'ALL!

I am 11 months post op and I have definitely feeling a difference in restriction and hunger for the past 2 months. I often feel hungry and I don't stay full feeling for as long as I used to.

In the past, I did not eat meat, other than fish and shellfish, but because I have been stuck at a stall and have caught myself slipping here and there,I started eating meat again in hopes of protein-dense meat = staying full longer. I don't think it has helped and now I am looking for new things to eat. 

Any good ideas? I like fish and shrimp. I am so afraid that I am on a slippery slope and it's too soon to be having these thoughts

Life is what happens to you while you?re busy making other plans. ?John Lennon

Donna L.
on 1/21/16 4:17 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Crustless quiches are great choices for no red meat.  You can customize them endlessly.  This is an example.  You could swap out the sweet potatoes for more spinach or something easily.

http://www.confessionsofachocoholic.com/healthy/crustless-sweet-potato-and-goat-cheese-quiche

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

kdalpha
on 2/3/16 3:41 pm - Wrightsville Beach, NC

I too only eat fish. I have a great blog that is for vegetarians post-surgery. Tonight I made Morning Star Farms Crumblers Eggplant Pastaless Pasta Bake! Its awesome!!!! Good luck!

http://thegastricbypassvegetarian.blogspot.com/

N. Murphey
on 2/26/16 4:42 am

Fry or bake salmon or cod fish in a tablespoon of oil - I prefer to fry because I know they are done.
Meanwhile, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 3/4 cup Panko crumbs, 1 tbsp. minced garlic and a tsp rosemary in a small pot. Cook over medium or high heat on stovetop, stirring frequently, bout five minutes until browned. Turn heat off. Arrange fish on serving plates and spoon the crumbs evenly over the top. Serve with lemon wedges.

Most Active