Week 2 - Start Blending... WHAT SHOULD I HAVE?

Shalee360
on 10/11/16 1:12 pm, edited 10/11/16 1:14 pm
VSG on 10/05/16

Well today is the day, survived week 1! Now for my first blended dinner, what should I have for my first 2-4oz of dinner? I want something yummy for sure, I thought about chicken, corn & tortilla chowder with added protein, then I thought of something with melted cheese in it (bad), I just don't know! I'm an avid cook of all, I cook Chinese, Vietnamese, Italian, Korean, and Thai.

Open to suggestions and I will post pics later! 

ttfan
on 10/13/16 3:02 am
RNY on 08/15/16

Fat free refried beans with a little cheese melted on it, Go to theeworldaccordingtoeggface.com she has a ton of recipes

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Donna L.
on 10/16/16 3:20 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I was told to slowly reintroduce foods one at a time in case of intolerances so that I could know what they were.  The problem with many cuisines is that they are a blend of ingredients (obviously), so it may be boring, but it might be good to try one thing at a time.  Like, pureed chicken in broth (plain) or beef with broth (same).  I did have plain cream soups, like homemade cream of chicken, that I pureed.  Mine had less cream and more chicken, though - really just a splash to make it "creamy."  I love vietnamese, but if you had pureed Pho, for instance, you might not figure out what was causing you to be sick since it has numerous ingredients.

I'll use myself as an example: I tried egg drop soup and couldn't figure out why I was violently sick.  I tried eggs alone and bam!  I had a bad egg intolerance for months after surgery.

Sadly, the first few weeks aren't exciting cooking-wise, but they sure do go fast in retrospect!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active