Holiday Week Meal Planning

Donna L.
on 12/18/16 1:33 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Meal planning for this week is tiresome so I am getting on my game today and tomorrow.  I am preparing 7 dinner meals and also 7 lunches.  They are the same-ish because I prefer it but you could do anything.  Someone here told me to get take-out containers and while it costs $, I prefer these because I can just toss -em when they get gross.

Dinner:

• riced cauliflower, and mock mushroom chicken

Lunch:

• baby frittata w/feta, turkey
  • wilted spinach

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/19/16 5:25 am

Takeout containers. Such a great idea.  Have you found some that are reasonably priced but environmental friendly (no styrofoam) and can be used in microwave? Is so  - where do you buy it,? 

For now I use my glass containers..Or jars. But they are both heavy and breakable. Ugh. 

But food does not react to that and I can toss them from a freezer to microwave. And they wash great in dishwasher. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Donna L.
on 12/19/16 6:08 am, edited 12/18/16 10:09 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I actually buy some from a local store called Gordon Food Service.  I prefer glass but it is also too heavy for me.  

I also bought these on Amazon and used them post op for a while, especially for liquidy stuff.  They are 8oz.  They actually last quite a few washes, and they are great for freezing.  The plastic gets brittle eventually.  I do not mind buying new ones every few months, though.   https://www.amazon.com/Freshware-40-Pack-Plastic-Containers- Airtight/dp/B01G7JUPK2/ 

I now use these when I don't use my fitmark stuff, but I get mine from a restaurant supply store.  I actually use it for 3 meals at work not just one which means less for me to wash later (I am so lazy haha): https://www.amazon.com/Freshware-15-Piece-3-Compartments-Ben to-Lunch/dp/B01GH5KQLO/  This actually works the best even though it's big.  I measure into it anyway.  You can get them way cheaper if you have a restaurant supply store near you.  

I also have a small fitmark bag I use with these containers.  They have 16oz smaller ones now, and they are microwave and dishwasher safe.  I will use silicone muffin cups for portions since they don't have a divider.  They are much higher quality than the others but also more expensive.  I'll trade off with the others if I plan too many meals and run out.  Usually though I just use the take out containers since they fit in my bag fine.  

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active