Protien packed crustless chicken pot pie

Spturley
on 1/24/17 6:52 am
VSG on 10/12/16

Hi All! I made up this recipe and I hope that some could use it! Feel free to add or substitute to your liking! This recipe is a bit involved (I love to cook) so this might be better suited for the foodies out there.

Protein: 22g per 1/2 c serving.

Ingredients:

Rotisserie Chicken (I get the largest one possible, debone and dice the chicken)

Low Fat Greek Yogurt (I used Fage 2%, I believe the container was 16 oz)

1 canReduced fat cream of chicken soup

2 Shallots (Diced-you can substitute for onion)

3-4 Large Carrots (peeled and diced)

1 package of frozen peas (I used a little more than half of the pack)

1tbs of butter

Optional topping:

Panko whole wheat bread crumbs (about 1/2 c)

2tbs of butter

You will want to boil your carrots until tender and steam your peas in the bag. Once both are cooked add 1tbs butter, peas, carrots and shallots to pan. I use the copper plated pans so that I can cut back on oils/butter. Allow to coo****il shallots are tender. I added sea salt and garlic powder while sauteing the veggies. Add in your diced chicken and allow to warm up.

Once your meat and veg mixture is warm, add into a bowl with 1 can of reduced fat cream of chicken and about 8 oz of greek yogurt. I then placed this mixture into an ungreased casserole dish and toasted the bread crumbs with butter in my copper pan. LIGHTLY top your dish with the bread crumbs and place in oven set to 350. I allowed my pot pie to cook for about 40 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden and mixture was bubbling.

ENJOY!

"So...all of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will - where do you want to start?"

VSG: 10/12/16

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/17 9:35 pm

Sounds good!

Most Active