low carb lasagne

milleniummommy
on 4/6/04 4:34 pm - corona, CA
this might be more suitable for post-ops a few months out. the great thing is we can cut portions and freeze them. Low Carb Lasagna Our local paper put this recipe in a few weeks ago. Thought I'd share. A friend of mine made it and said it was YUMMY! (I haven't done the calculations to see what the total carb/protein content is yet.) I may make this tonight to try! Egg Crepes 5 eggs 1/2 cup water Butter Mix eggs and water together to form a batter. Preheat medium-sized skillet. Add butter. When butter is melte, ladle 1/2 cup of mixture into skillet. coo****il set; turn. Repeat to make additional crepes. Place crepes between sheets of waxed paper as you make each one. Makes 6 crepes. Sauce 1 lb ground beef 2 green onions, chopped Mushrooms to taste (we used 4 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced) Italian sausge to taste (optional; we used 1/2 lb) 1 small can (8 oz) tomato sauce 2 t. Italian seasoning Salt and pepper to taste 1 t. garlic salt Brown hamburger, onions, mushrooms and sausage until meat's no longer pink. Drain completely. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 10 minutes. Set aside. Cheese Filling 2 cups mozzarella cheese 1 cup cottage cheese 1 egg 2 T. parsley flakes Topping Mozzarella and parmesan cheese to taste (we used 1 cup mozzarella and 3 oz parmesan) Preheat oven to 350 F. Layer an 8x10" casserole dish with meat sauce, crepes and cheese filling, repeating to make 3 layers. Top with parmesan and more mozzarella cheese. cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Set for 5-10 minutes before serving. Lasagna will be firm, not runny. Serves 6. May freeze leftovers.
Most Active