Chili Recipe

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/04 2:16 am - Garden Grove, CA
RNY on 08/10/04 with
I want to make Chili for the family tonight. I also want to make something I can puree, or if soft even, just eat without pureeing. Does anyone have a high protein, healthy chili that one should be able to eat on the puree/soft stage??? If you don't think it is a good idea to eat it this far out, tell me too
Greg D.
on 8/29/04 2:35 am - Knoxville, TN
One that I like that is very easy: Ground beef - Amount and type (chuck, round, etc.) is up to your tastes 2 cans rotel tomatoes 1 can tomato sauce 2 cans tomato juice 2 - 4 cans of Bush's chili hot beans (depends how "beany" you want it) Chili Powder - amount also up to your tastes whether you like it hot or mild. Sizes of above cans are up to you as to how much you make, if a small pot then get small cans of sauce and juice. If a large pot then get the large cans and maybe add an extra can of Rotel. Hope this helps, Greg
Lexie M.
on 9/1/04 9:53 am - Wasilla, AK
My MIL makes some easy Chili that is my all time FAVORITE ...her ya go! FRYING PAN CHILI in a big frying pan (or wok):Brown: one pound hamburger (or any ground meat that you love) one onion diced drain the fat then add: 1 can kidney bean 1 can pinto beans 1 can diced tomatoes 1 can sliced mushrooms (optional) 1 envelope chili (or taco) seasoning. 1 small can diced green chillies (optional) 1 can tomato soup Stir and simmer until heated through. I serve it with either Corn bread or tortilla chips. I ate it in the early stages of post-op, but I pureed it. I would probalby skip the chips and cornbread for now if I were you but later you could probably have a little if you wanted. Its also good with diced cheese in it. or shredded cheese on top. If you are eating it for left-overs (because you are eating such small amounts, it adds a great flavor if you add a bit of cream cheese and mix it into your single serving.
Christie G.
on 9/15/04 7:06 am - San Pedro, CA
RNY on 08/16/04 with
Kimberly, I ate chili this weekend and it was fine. It wasn't very spicy though. I used the recipe out of the Betty Crocker cookbook (the one that is red and white checkered).
Vicki N.
on 9/18/04 12:46 am - Womelsdorf, PA
Ok, here is my chili recipe that everyone raves about and that I was easily able to eat (pureed) at your stage of the game: (Keep in mind I am Italian and we like things spicy)...I take about a pound of hamburger and fry it with 2 cups of chopped onions on a pot. I sprinkle chili powder on this while the burger is browning ( I use ALOT of chili powder, you can use what works for you). I then add one large (32 oz) can crushed tomatoes and 2 cans (16 oz) of dark red chili beans. I sprinkle a bit of salt and let it simmer on LOW heat for as long as possible (letting is simmer for 6-8 hours in a crock pot is even better). This is very simple, yet absolutley delicious. We like to eat it with grated parmasan cheese on top too....the secret is to cook it as long as you can!
Most Active