Any suggestions for HOT (as in cooking hot) meals??

sparksnevada
on 1/19/05 3:10 pm - Sparks, NV
I am 36 days out and I desire Steaming Hot food!! I drink the protien shakes (cold) I eat tuna and chicken salad (cold) I order fish in a resturaunt and by the time I take my 3rd bite (yep it's cold) -- as a side I now ask for the metal plate cover so my food will stay warmer. But what can I cook that will have PROTEIN and be HOT. It is frustrating, My darling spouse is doing his best to keep me in a variety but all I see today..hmmmm perhaps I am feeling yucky..a painful repetition of the same meals every day. Now I know to keep my head and spirts up and I also know that this will only be the stepping stone to a healthier life but I still miss hot meals. I am sure I am not alone... I must go now..It is time for the last of the protein shakes for the evening. Still thrilled I have lost 32# and feel *****y. Sharon
JanineNJ
on 1/24/05 6:53 am - NJ
Chili??? Loaded with protein. I make a big pot and keep it in the slow cooker all day so its always hot. I just take out enough for a small meal for me and the rest of the family gets big heaping bowlfuls at dinner. -Janine
Laura G.
on 2/2/05 1:03 am - Tustin, CA
RNY on 01/24/05 with
HOT - HOME MADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP or CHICKEN-N-DUMPLINGS - these are always good! - my mom made a huge pot for us - then we just froze the left over stock for future use! The family got the noodles & such, I got the mmmm, so good broth! ANY SOUP - OR HOW ABOUT HOME MADE RED BEANS w/ turkey sausage - you just can't eat the sausage, but the flavor is awsome and beans pack a lot of protein! can always add unflavored protein powder to anything to boost the protein content also - at least that's what they teach us in our nutrition class and support groups! Good Luck - LauraG 9 days post-op down 12 lbs!
rayehawk
on 11/7/05 2:53 pm - Eastside Seattle 'burb, WA
First - while you can't boil protein shakes, or use very ho****er, you can add protein powder to coffee, or make it hot . . . I mix the powder with a little water, about 1/2 c. I nuke another 1/2 c of water to not quite boiling. Then I stir the ho****er into the cool protein, and drink like hot chocolate. Another friend of mine add a splat of SF Marshmallow syrup to make more authentic. I also add SF Chai concentrate to a warm protein drink, or use cappuchino powder, drink it hot. I like to mix flavors . . . Second - I think you are eating too slow, if your food is always cold. We are told that while we must chew well, any meal lasting more than about 15 min. is grazing. If we're only eating 4-5 bites, anyway, there's no reason food should get cold. I get the impression that contrary to what some think, that you are on solids? Regular food? I guess it doesn't matter . . . but have you tried one of those baby plate warmers? Used to be popular - a little plate with a base that help ho****er. Helped keep food warm . . . Good luck!
Most Active