Tuna Salad Pick Me Ups

JanineNJ
on 2/10/05 9:06 pm - NJ
I got a recipe to make tuna salad better and not so boring but I'm hoping someone has another kind. I'm getting bored of this one too........ Tuna Twist 1 can tuna sprinkle of onion flakes 1 rib celery diced sprinkle of parsley flakes 1 packet of splenda or other sweetner (I use about 3/4 of the pack) mayo to taste Mix all together- yummy -Janine
MrsTao
on 2/12/05 1:08 am - Milwaukee, WI
Tuna salad 1 * 2 cans white tuna, drained, (12 to 14 ounces total) * juice of 1 lime * 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained * 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered * 1/2 cup mayonnaise * 2 teaspoons dried dill weed In a mixing bowl, break up tuna with a fork. Sprinkle lime juice over the tuna; mix well. Fold in the sliced olives, and quartered artichoke hearts. Add mayonnaise and stir in dill weed. Serves 6. Tuna Salad 2 * 1 can (approximately 7 ounces) tuna, drained * 3 tablespoons teaspoons mayonnaise * 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery * dash of Worcestershire sauce * 2 teaspoons chili sauce * 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice * 1 small cucumber, optional * sliced bread or toast PREPARATION: Mix tuna with mayonnaise, celery, Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, lemon juice, adding a little more mayonnaise if not moist enough. Peel and thinly slice cucumber. Spread tuna mixture on toast or bread slice, top with thinly sliced cucumber and top with another slice of bread or toast. Makes about 1 1/4 cups. Tuna salad 3 Tuna on a Honeydew melon... * 1 large honeydew melon * lettuce * 2 cans (7 ounces each) tuna, drained * 1/2 cup mayonnaise * 1/4 cup chopped celery * 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, crumbled * 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper PREPARATION: Peel honeydew melon; cut into circles about 1 inch thick. Remove seeds and place on beds of lettuce. Mix tuna, mayonnaise, and celery, thyme and pepper. Spoon into centers of honeydew circles. If desired, garnish with fresh parsley. Tuna salad recipe serves 6. Tuna Salad 4 This is more of a casserole * Crust: * 1 1/2 cups flour * 1 cup shredded cheddar * 1 tsp. salt * 1 tsp. paprika * 1/2 cup butter PREPARATION: Mix by hand or with pastry blender (hand is easier). Remove 1 cup of crumbs and press remainder in a well buttered 10" pie pan. Filling * 2 cans (7 oz. each) tuna, drained and flaked * 3 eggs * 1 cup commercial sour cream * 1/2 cup shredded Swiss or Cheddar * 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad Dressing * 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento * 1 tsp. * 1/4 tsp. dill weed * 2 drops hot sauce (or more to taste) Put flaked tuna into the crust. Mix remaining ingredients and pour into piepan over tuna. Sprinkle tuna pie with the reserved crumbs. Sprinkle with a light dusting of paprika and parsley, if desired. Bake at 400° for 35-40 min. or until golden brown. Let tuna pie cool 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy... Terri
Andrea B.
on 2/20/05 6:09 am - Slayton, MN
There are also some new tuna pouches that are flavored. I think that they have lemon pepper and mesquite. You could use those for some variety!
danluvsme
on 3/2/05 2:29 am - Exeter, RI
I don't know how original this is but my mom used to put boiled egg, dill pickle (with some pickle juice), onion, garlic, pepper, italian seasoning, and mayo in the tuna. God, I love it that way. I just like to scoop it with lettuce leaves. Joanne
Gail T.
on 3/31/05 12:53 am - Alvin, TX
I always add finely chopped apple with skin on..granny smith or cooking apples are good. I also add finely chopped pecans...that would add some texture, flavor and protein. Dill weed, either dry or fresh is good also.
Lisar91570
on 5/12/05 11:45 am - AMELIA, OH
The Tuna Twist sounds great! Until you get to the splenda.....you lost me there. Hey but that's cool everyone likes different things...I'm not miracle whip and im imagining thats what it might taste like. Not for me. I copied all the other Tuna salads they sound really good!!! Thanks so much! Lisa
Mystia
on 7/19/05 12:04 pm
If you like garbanzo beans (chickpeas), there is an AWESOME recipe on the side of Bush's canned chickpeas. It calls for tuna, chickpeas, celery, tomatoes, basalmic vingarette, onions and some other things I can't recall right now. I always doctor mine up to suit my picky tastebuds Usually, I'll use water chestnut slices broken into quarters instead of celery, more onion than called for, less basalmic vingarette and different herbs (basil, oregano and garlic are my faves). It makes a super yummy salad and it's high in protein too!
Most Active