Salmon ideas please

wendyr
on 2/15/05 4:05 pm
I have a very large piece of salmon, it is over 4 lbs., that I need to cut up in small 2-3 oz. portions and freeze, so I was wondering if anyone has ideas or tips on freezing and also recipes that are tasty. TIA. Peace Wendy
Branschneider
on 2/18/05 9:20 pm - OH
Wendy~ I fix alot of Salmon.... I marinate it in lowfat Italian Dressing and broil it on each side for 5 minutes. I also put it on ceasar and regular salads..... It is also great on the grill in the summer wrapped in aluminum foil, marinated with your favorite dressing and veggies(I throw peppers, red onions, red potatoes and cheery tomatoes in mine). Hope this helps!!! Brandi
Andrea B.
on 2/20/05 6:00 am - Slayton, MN
I LOVE Salmon! I have been thinking of buying a big ol slab of it too! If I ever get around to it I think I will borrow one of those food saver v *** seal things from my aunt. Or, after surgery if I think of lots of things that I'll need to seal I think I will get one. I found one on their website for $60 or I'll try ebay or I know they have them at walmart too! For recipes sometimes I'll use just salt and pepper, most of the time I use shake on mesquite seasoning. Sometimes I use lemon pepper. I've been thinking of using cajun seasoning too. One marinade that I use for both chicken and fish is to take some soy sauce, lemon or lime sauce, oil or water, lemon pepper or mesquite or stir fry sauce or italian dressing packet and mix and use that as a marinade. It is verry flavorful! I think if you go to the spice section of your grocery store and look at all of the shake on seasoning blends you will find a few that will work for you!! Good luck!!
Andrea B.
on 2/20/05 6:03 am - Slayton, MN
I meant lemon or lime JUICE Sorry
muffyclare
on 3/16/05 3:02 am - Arlington, VA
I like to cook it in a skillet with salsa and fresh lime juice. Cara
John Reasor
on 3/19/05 3:19 am - Fayetteville, NC
George Formen Grills are great for fish I just fixed a Salmon Steak a couple of days ago 6 Min. cooking time(10 if frozen) Lemon and Pepper it made 6 Half cup servings. I use a spray no-fat no-carb butter sub. to coat the grill on top and bottom. Salmon is great for Breakfast with a scrambled egg I know it sounds odd but I had it the first time on a cruise and now I fix it myself ethere Smoke Salmon or grill is great. John Lap RNY 2-8-2005 415/401/380/375
Starshine
on 5/10/05 9:14 am - Allentown, PA
Hi, Wendy! My favorite salmon recipe, which I kind of made up, is so simple... For 10 oz of salmon, mix about 1/2 jar SF Orange Marmalade (or apricot preserves) with 1 T dry mustard. Spread it over the top of the salmon and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 20 min. Yum. Mary
Kathleen Cramer
on 7/25/05 10:35 am - Carol Stream, IL
I tried a creamy salmon soup tonight and it was pretty good but I thought it would be better if it was a bisque. creamy salmon soup 1 T marg. 1 T flour 1 package of onion soup mix 3 cups milk 1 can salmon salt and pepper to taste In a saucepan heat the marg and flour to make a roux. In a seperate saucepan add milk and onion soup mix. Scald the milk. Slowly add the milk to the roux a little at a time. when mixure is thickened add the salmon (pick out bones) add the liquid also. Heat, season with salt and pepper to taste. I haven't tried the salmon bique yet but I will try that next. This is the one that I will make. http://www.recipezaar.com/56002 Good luck, Kathleen
Kellie G.
on 8/7/05 6:45 am - White Bluff, TN
Brush thoroughly a piece of Salmon with Olive Oil, use the spices of your choice--I use pepper, dash of salt, dill, basil, garlic salt, and what ever else I am in the mood for--it's never the same. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Most Active