Question about Bourbon Chicken?

StaceyV
on 4/20/05 3:25 am - Moberly, MO
Does anyone know if we can have bourbon chicken and if so do you have a recipe for it. Thanks Stacey V.
Just Me
on 7/29/05 5:03 pm - Happy Place, TN
I just went to Piccadilly today. If you don't know what that is, it is a restaurant chain where you pick your food as you pass by it... similar to cafeteria style. Anyway, they had bourbon chicken as one of the selections. Though I didn't choose it, my son did. I had about two bites. It tasted delicious, caused no dumping, and was quite delicious. Be cautious using boubon because it is a liquor. I understand that some of the alcohol is eliminated through cooking... but not all. As we have small pouches and are prone to being 5x more reactive to alcohol, please keep that in mind. Maybe this recipe would work for you: 6 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless 1 cup bourbon whiskey (Perhaps knock this down to 1/2 cup) 1/2 cup firmly-packed dark brown sugar (Raw sugar may be better, or cut it with 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup splenda) 1 cup ketchup (If you are prone to dumping, sugar free ketchup... but if you are prone to dumping, I wouldn't even TRY this recipe) 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 1/4 cup vinegar 1 tablespoon lemon juice 3 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard Salt and pepper to taste Place chicken breasts, single layer, into an ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish. In a large bowl, combine whiskey, sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour bourbon marinade over chicken breasts. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes or refrigerate to marinate longer (turning meat over several times). Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake, uncovered, 60 to 90 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (juices will run clear when cut with the tip of a knife); basting several times during cooking. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
Most Active