OT...Requesting your help Please.....

Dea J.
on 12/29/05 12:28 am - Huntsville, AL
Hey guys & gals! This has been a tough Holiday Season for me as I anticipate Wayne leaving for Boot Camp next month - actually just a little over a week and a half away. I know he is a fine young man - but he is still my baby and I thought I was ready but I find that I'm not. I wanted to create a music CD for him - full of encouragement, pride, etc.... Well - I'm hopeless - everytime I get started - I just cry and cry. Soooooooo.....please - do yall have any suggestions? So far this is what I've come up with....actually most of these have been suggestions from others. I'm looking for an assortment of music genders - christian - country - pop - etc..... Sweet Home Alabama - L Sknynrd God is in Control Eagles Wings Up Where We Belong - Joe Crocker Let's Hear it for the Boy - Deniece Williams Sailing - Christopher Cross God ! Bless the USA - Lee Greenwood Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. Love ya bunches! hugs - dea
jvolker
on 12/31/05 5:24 am - Cornfields of Central Illinois, IL
Dea you're off to a great start on your music selections...you'll do fine don't worry about picking out all the "best", just make them from your heart and I'm sure he'll cherish them! And from an experienced Dad..yeah, it's going to be different with him gone, but, the opportunity for his growth in so many ways is very much worth it for everyone. Our middle-son is in his 4th year of his Army enlistment, served one tour over in Baghdad and looks like he'll he "stopped lossed" which means he'll not get out at his expected date this July and will probably be heading back overseas...but through it all he has matured and grown, as have his parents! Trust in his abilties to succeed. And you know he'll be watched over by tons of your prayers too! my addition to your song selections? sounds like an odd one, but the lyrics are sooooo aplicable. "Tatoos and Memories" by Green Day
Most Active
Recent Topics