Need Help for clothes for Ohio Family

Dory1961
on 2/19/06 7:44 am - Byesville, OH
Need clothes for a neighbor Original Post by Loraine May at 10:02 PM EST on 02/14/2006 Byesville, OH - RNY (05/06/2005) - Dean J. Mikami, M.D. I have a neighbor lady who is just my age and is fast approaching around 600 pounds. She recently lost her funding for home health care and housekeeping and can no longer do these things for herself. She has asked me to help her with grocery shopping and laundry. Last night I went to the laundromat for her and I was almost in tears as I folded her clothes and those of her mentally retarded brother she cares for. They were stained and tattered. I felt so badly for her. I noticed that her clothes are a size 6 x and he wears size 56 jeans and 3 x men's top. IF anyone would happen to have access or have decent clothes in any of these sizes I would be so grateful. I want to help this family out in any way I can. I feel so badly for this young lady that she is going to die an early death and wls could save her life. I just don't know how to approach the subject with her, or even if it is my place to do so. I just love and care about her and would love to see her have a better quality of life. She is completely housebound now at 44 years of age. Feel free to send letters or cards of encouragement to her as well. They are also in need of personal care items, gently used towels and washclothes and undergarments. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. We are planning an extreme makeover for their house ( cleaning etc)and a beautician is donating her time to come and give Patty a full beauty treatment and a hair cut for her brother. I cant wait to see the joy on her face... It is going to make all of this worth it. I will keep you all informed how things are going. Any ideas how I can help her and her brother, without being a nosy busybody...I want to share my happiness about my weight loss and the wls but I dont want to force my opinion on anyone. It has to be her choice and her willingness to stick with the new way of life forever. All I can do is offer her this help and the rest is up to her. HELP.. Love and Hugs, Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics