HERP/TURT LOVERS OUT THERE?

Starting Over
on 1/16/08 1:13 am
Wow, this message board seems pretty dead. Well, are there any currently herpetology lovers out there? I "temporarily" acquired 3 aquatic turts a few years ago and they decided they didn't want to leave. So now they're part of our family permanently! Since surgery I've had more time and energy to devote to them and would really like to update their living space. If you have aquatics, how do you have their basking space set up?
Crysti S.
on 7/13/08 7:02 am
Hey! I am a turtle FREAK! We own I think 17 turtles... I've lost count now, lol. We have 6 deep water turtles, 3 bog/shallow turts, 7 box turtles and one Greek Tortoise. What kind of turtles do you have? ~Crysti
Starting Over
on 7/13/08 7:16 am
I have all aquatics... One RES, a malayan semi-aquatic box turt, and a cooter. How do you manage SO many turtles? Although I would love to have a pond for mine, I can't...so they're all in huge aquariums inside the house.
Crysti S.
on 7/13/08 7:22 am
Oh they're easy. Everyone is outside in pens or the pond, with exception of the spotted turtles that are inside in the 150 gallon tank. I've got it down now, and honestly since they are outside, its MUCH easier! I have a RES and a Cooter as well. Are you on any of the turtle boards? I belong to: http://www.turtleexchange.com and http://www.turtleforum.com As far as basking platforms, I've used bark and the zoomed docks. The bark is nice, since it's natural and I have a few floating in the pond for them.... but inside I basically used the zoomed ones. If you need links for the bark, let me know and I'll try and find it! Do you have pics of your babies somewhere? Nice to chat with a fellow turtle lover!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Turtles anyone?
Crysti S. · 1 replies · 345 views
HERP/TURT LOVERS OUT THERE?
Starting Over · 3 replies · 581 views
Test
Amy Williams · 0 replies · 322 views
Test
christine21 · 0 replies · 333 views
Found snake
wildbrat · 5 replies · 386 views